Windows 10: The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix]

Discus and support The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Is the bottom half of the screen black on your Windows laptop? If yes, you can use the fixes provided in this article to resolve the issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 1, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix]

The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix] [​IMG]
    Is the bottom half of the screen black on your Windows laptop? If yes, you can use the fixes provided in this article to resolve the issue. Several users experienced this problem with their laptop screens. Such types of display problems most probably indicate that there is a hardware issue. However, sometimes, software issues can […]

This article The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 1, 2024

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 1, 2024
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jan 1, 2024
  4. The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix]

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 1, 2024
Thema:

The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix]

1. The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix] - Similar Threads - bottom half screen

2. The bottom half of my computer screen is black in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    The bottom half of my computer screen is black in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Our computers are complex devices, and issues can arise out of nowhere. It can be incredibly frustrating when one-half of the screen has turned entirely black and unusable, but there are ways you can fix it. In this article, we will see what you can do if the bottom...
  3. How to fix greenish tint on the bottom half of my screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix greenish tint on the bottom half of my screen?: Hello, this issue just started today. What I was doing before was downloading a large file so I went away for like two hours and came back to this. Ive checked what i downloaded with antivirus softwares and no viruses were detected....
  4. How to fix greenish tint on the bottom half of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix greenish tint on the bottom half of my screen?: Hello, this issue just started today. What I was doing before was downloading a large file so I went away for like two hours and came back to this. Ive checked what i downloaded with antivirus softwares and no viruses were detected....
  5. How to fix greenish tint on the bottom half of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: When ever I switch to 144hz my bottom half of the screen goes dark and flickers see picture . So when I take a screenshot for example nothing shows up on the Screenshot or when I display my screen during a call, the people on the call cannot see it, which means its more of a...
  7. Bottom of laptop screen is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom of laptop screen is black: The bottom half of my laptops screen is blacked out even when booting up the computer it used to go away and be smaller but now it’s gotten to the point where the laptop is near unusable...
  8. Bottom of laptop screen is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bottom of laptop screen is black: The bottom half of my laptops screen is blacked out even when booting up the computer it used to go away and be smaller but now it’s gotten to the point where the laptop is near unusable...
  9. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.: I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple times. The flicker is where the task bar normally sits, but I've move...
  10. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is the bottom half of my screen black?: Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings, but got nowhere. I turned the PC on and off, still nothing. 44105