Windows 10: Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

Discus and support Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running 1903, and looking to adjust text size for a laptop's external monitor. The text size slider adjusts the text size only for the main display, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AltForMyRealOpinion, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

Running 1903, and looking to adjust text size for a laptop's external monitor. The text size slider adjusts the text size only for the main display, no matter what screen is selected before adjustment.

Is there any way to adjust text size (not scaling) for individual monitors?

submitted by /u/AltForMyRealOpinion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AltForMyRealOpinion, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Issues with Text Size adjustments in Windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please follow the steps below to change the size of the texts and text size of the desktop icons and see if it helps:

• Type Make Text and other items larger or smaller in the Search Bar.

• Select Make Text and other items larger or smaller.

• Under Change size of items select Set a Custom scaling level
      option and try to change the size of the text.

• You can also change the size of text for specific item in
      change text size only option.

• After selecting the Size press Apply
      which will ask you to log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

why can't I adjust the font size on my second monitor when using multiple monitors?

Hello Fernando,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to consider the following scenarios (from 1 - 3) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Scenario 1

What is the native resolution of the display monitor you are referring to?

Try setting the resolution of the monitor same as what is set under Windows settings and check if it helps.

Scenario 2

What is the DPI scale factor set in Windows (ideally should be set to 100%)?

You may decrease the DPI in this case. However, it will impact the visual performance of bot the monitors.

When a display has a higher DPI, pixels are smaller and closer together, so that the user interface (UI) and other displayed content appears smaller than intended. Follow the below steps to do so.

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Display icon.
    • Under Change size of items, click/tap on the set a custom scaling level link.
    • Drag the ruler left or right to the scaling percentage you want.

Note: Select the scaling percentage you want in the drop down menu.
    • Click on apply

Scenario 3

Did you install all the requisite drivers(up to date) for the display device?

If it still does not help, diagnose the issue by setting the second monitor as the
    main display.

Follow these suggestions.

• Right click on the empty space on your desktop, select
      Screen resolution.
    • On the Monitor tab, click the 2nd monitor and then select the box “This is my main monitor” check box.
    • Click Apply, click OK.
    If the issue still persists, please update the display adapter drivers and check.

Write to us with the updated status related to the display issue for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

1. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor? - Similar Threads - Text size scaling

2. problem with adjusting size on second screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with adjusting size on second screen: I have connected a second screen to my laptop via HDMI. However, the image resolution does not adjust on my second screen correctly. When I go into the settings to manually adjust the resolution it still won't give me the resolution needed for my second screen. My second...
  3. problem with adjusting size on second screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with adjusting size on second screen: I have connected a second screen to my laptop via HDMI. However, the image resolution does not adjust on my second screen correctly. When I go into the settings to manually adjust the resolution it still won't give me the resolution needed for my second screen. My second...
  4. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  5. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  6. Text size, task bar, dialogue box scaling to new monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size, task bar, dialogue box scaling to new monitors: I am running Windows 10 pro and recently replaced my 26" dual monitors monitors with 28". Since doing do my font sizes are not correct. They are often too small and sometimes to large. Dialogue boxes are too small as well as task and favorites bars and in Outlook my header is...
  7. Text size, task bar, dialogue box scaling to new monitors

Text size, task bar, dialogue box scaling to new monitors: I am running Windows 10 pro and recently replaced my 26" dual monitors monitors with 28". Since doing do my font sizes are not correct. They are often too small and sometimes to large. Dialogue boxes are too small as well as task and favorites bars and in Outlook my header is...
  8. Text size, task bar, dialogue box scaling to new monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Brightness wont adjust on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness wont adjust on second monitor: My main computer is an Asus Vivobook 14 running Windows 10. My secondary is an acer monitor, it wont change the brightess on the acer. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  10. How to adjust monitor screen size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to adjust monitor screen size?: Hi! I cracked my monitor on left side. Now i want to adjust monitor size. How to do that? Image: https://imgur.com/a/1bFPRMs Regards Ales

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monator font adjustment