Windows 10: Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

Discus and support Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobertRodden, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I type fast, and I watch my typing since I'm writing creative text, and it is very distracting. To the point that I stopped typing. I am on a brand new laptop, very fast, can be used for gaming the highest demanding games on the market. I have a 12th Gen Intel R Core i7-12700H, I have an RTX 3080 Ti with 16 gig ram; I

:)

RobertRodden, Dec 26, 2023

2. Text disappears while typing and editing in Word

This is the third attempt I am making to answer. The text keeps moving and/or disappearing. To try to answer your questions:

1. I use only Word, so the problem of disappearing text has happened only in Word. I do not know whether it would happen in another program or not.

2. Microsoft Word Starter 2010 is the best answer I can give. I do not think the full Office is installed on this machine.

3. I have made no changes to my computer prior to this issue except installing Windows 10.

I might add that on one occasion when a block of text disappeared suddenly, I got it back by clicking on the circle with an arrow in the upper left of the screen, the reverse action button. I am having trouble typing this because the cursor keeps moving
    strangely. I hit a key, and the result of the key stroke appears at some odd place in the text instead of at the end of the line where I was typing.

Thank you most sincerely,

Martha Sparks

MarthaSparks, Dec 26, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 26, 2023
  4. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type

I'm experiencing an issue when typing in Word, Outlook, and even in discussion forums online. Occasionally, as I type, a letter or letters left of the cursor will disappear, and then reappear when I type the next letter. Also, I sometimes see artifacts on the tabs in Excel when I pass the mouse cursor over the tabs. I'm running a clean install of Windows 11 22H2 on an AMD 5800X CPU and RX6600-XT GPU. Doing some research, I've found that others are having this issue with Intel and Nvidia GPUs as well, and it seems to be related to hardware acceleration, but so far, no one has found a solution.

Here is a link to a video showing the issue...

MichaelWGilbert, Dec 26, 2023
Thema:

Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

1. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word - Similar Threads - Text disappearing reappearing

2. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...
  3. Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type: I'm experiencing an issue when typing in Word, Outlook, and even in discussion forums online. Occasionally, as I type, a letter or letters left of the cursor will disappear, and then reappear when I type the next letter. Also, I sometimes see artifacts on the tabs in Excel...
  4. Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type

Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type: I'm experiencing an issue when typing in Word, Outlook, and even in discussion forums online. Occasionally, as I type, a letter or letters left of the cursor will disappear, and then reappear when I type the next letter. Also, I sometimes see artifacts on the tabs in Excel...
  5. Text disappears and reappears as I write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappears and reappears as I write: Okay so now I have a very weird issue that I don't even know how to describe. One thing for sure, it's not OVERTYPE mode thing.I have noticed that on Microsoft Edge and in Microsoft Word sometimes when I write, some of the last characters disappear and reappear when I type....
  6. Text disappears and reappears as I write

Text disappears and reappears as I write: Okay so now I have a very weird issue that I don't even know how to describe. One thing for sure, it's not OVERTYPE mode thing.I have noticed that on Microsoft Edge and in Microsoft Word sometimes when I write, some of the last characters disappear and reappear when I type....
  7. cursor keeps disappearing and reappearing in the middle of a word

cursor keeps disappearing and reappearing in the middle of a word: My cursor keeps slipping away and reapearing in the middle of a preaviously typed word. I tried all possible hacks and solutions on internet, without succes. Somebody an original solution ? The problem drives me nuts!...
  8. Why is my text disappearing from MS Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my text disappearing from MS Word?: I’m typing a paper. On page 3, I started a new paragraph. When I type, half the paragraph just disappears. If I hit the undo button, it comes back. This is super annoying. I’m on a windows desktop. submitted by /u/Vomelette22 [link] [comments]...
  9. Typed text disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typed text disappears: Typed text disappears if I leave my fingers on the keys too long when emailing. Very frustrating when I type long messages . I think there is a simple keystroke fix? Please advise and thank you!...
  10. eradication of text/words while typing

eradication of text/words while typing: how to eradicate words that I type below my sreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eradication-of-textwords-while-typing/c51934c5-2414-4a9d-9e13-f63cb4904c0e