Windows 10: Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.

Discus and support Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sachin Sharma7, Oct 19, 2024 at 3:17 PM.

1. Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.

Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.

:)

Sachin Sharma7, Oct 19, 2024 at 3:17 PM

2. Cannot print from network printer in Win 10

I did all of the things suggested without success. From printer properties, print test page, I continue to get the following message from both of my networked computers: " Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?"

The troubleshooter fails to recognize any problems, and the other steps you recommended also failed so far. Any further suggestions?

3. Print prints calibration pages, but no documents

• Using Windows 10: I fully reset the computer to a clean Windows 10 (Problem already there before the reset, and the reset was one of the many try outs)
    • Recently changed the TMP and TEMP folders to physical drive D
    • Printer HP Envy 5640 connected through Wifi
    • My printer stopped working when printing through windows. Ie if I as for a test print then I get the message "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?" - trouble shooter cannot find problem. If I print through
      excel or word then nothing gets printed
    • Re-installed printer, and also did set up direct through USB connection, but same problem
    What puzzles me is that

• If I scan then no problem and image gets scanned
    • If I ask HP to calibrate then it prints calibration page with no problem
    • It worked previously under Windows 10
    • My partner still can print with her windows 10 machine
    I have been searching the internet, but nothing brought me closer

4. cbiweb Win User

Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.

Cannot print after rolling back to Win10 from Win11

I have an HP OfficeJet 3830 printer. The Issue: I upgraded my fully updated Windows 10 Home x64 desktop to Windows 11 a few days ago, but then rolled back to Windows 10 yesterday. Ever since the rollback, I cannot print from that machine. My other two computers print just fine (all from the same printer of course. Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance. :) ) Any type of document or Web page or whatever, will not print. When I click the Print button, and nothing happens. It's as if I had clicked and empty space. And there is nothing in the print cue. Troubleshooting Steps Taken: Please take the time to read through this to avoid suggesting something I already tried. Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance. :)
    • Shut the printer down and turned it on again.
    • Shut the printer down, unplugged it for a couple minutes, then reconnected and started it up again.
    • Checked the default status of the printer; it is default
    • Rebooting the computer doesn't help.
    • Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\OfficeJet > Properties > Remove Device
    • Windows Setting > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Add a printer or scanner (printer was added without issue)
    • Windows Setting > Devices > Printers & Scanners > OfficeJet > Click the 'Manage' button >
      • Print a test page.
        • Nothing happens. Zero Zilch Nada.
      • Run the troubleshooter:
        • Troubleshooter says there are no problems.
      • Printer Properties > General tab > Print Test Page
        • Dialog says "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?" I clicked No because I already ran the Troubleshooter.
      • Printer Properties > Sharing tab
        • Sharing On or Off makes no difference.
      • Printer Properties > all other tabs
        • nothing looks out of the ordinary.
      • Printing Preferences: brings up the usual window with various options for printing.
      • Hardware Properties (this opens the same window you get when going through Device Manager):
        • General tab > Device Status: This device is working properly
    • Tried updating the drivers via Device Manager, but "Windows determined that the best driver for my device is already installed".
    • Went to the HP website for the drivers and installed them: No change.
    • Restarted the print spooler.
    • Reset the print spooler.
    • Ran the system file checker: No problems found.
    Full computer specs are in 'My Computers > System Two'.

Thema:

1. Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance. - Similar Threads - Test Page failed

2. Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance.: Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-page-failed-to-print-would-you-like-to-view/9df0367e-8fe0-46d5-95cc-17aae8f52de0
  3. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  4. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  5. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  7. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  8. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

9. black print on test page

black print on test page: I just installed a printer on my new computer, but the test page has print with a black background. printer works correctly on my old computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-print-on-test-page/2891b88e-cc01-44c8-b79c-7299adbfd7d2
  10. Print test page seems to work but does not actually print

Print test page seems to work but does not actually print: I have a new Windows 10 (1903) machine with a USB-attached receipt printer (Ithaca BankJet 2500 for information's sake). I connect it using a USB printer port. It looks like it installs fine, but when I try to print a test page, it goes through the motions (you can see the "1...