Windows 10: TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

Discus and support TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doomslayer2020, Apr 15, 2023.

1. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve this issue? I've tried to solve it by adding more ram, reinstalling windows on my pc and even reinstalling the Nvidia drivers with DDU, and still no luck.These are the specsTDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys :processor: Intel i5 11400 2.60GhzGraphics Card: RTX 3060 AsusBoard: Asus Prime B460m-a r2.0Ram: XPG 16 GBSSD: 512 GBI read in another article that y

:)

Doomslayer2020, Apr 15, 2023

2. PC Display Crash

Hi Madeline. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for that crash:

https://www.makeuseof.com/easy-ways-fix-nvlddmk...

https://www.technewstoday.com/fix-nvlddmkm-sys-...

https://www.softwaretesttips.com/fix-nvlddmkm-s...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Apr 15, 2023
  3. axe0 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi Asellia,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What driver versions have you tried currently for your graphics?
    If it is the newest version, 361.43, try rolling back the drivers.
    Driver Rollback | NVIDIA
    Code:
    Code:
    Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_CPU_HOST_APERTURE::UnmapRange+3a )  7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart             end                 module name fffff800`cf870000 fffff800`d048b000   nvlddmkm   (deferred)                  Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys     Image name: nvlddmkm.sys     Timestamp:        Wed Dec 16 15:03:30 2015 (56716F32)     CheckSum:         00BE13AE     ImageSize:        00C1B000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

4. zbook Win User

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

1) Run Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    At least 8 runs

2) run administrative command prompt:
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    For the chkdsk it will require a reboot and may take many hours. Plan to run it overnight.
    To view the chkdsk results run administrative command prompt or powershell: get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

Let us know the results of each study.

Let's troubleshoot performing many of the steps for the driver in this link once memory, chkdsk, operating system integrity steps have been completed.

nvlddmkm.sys on Windows 10 Blue Screen Failure [Solved] - Driver Easy

zbook, Apr 15, 2023
Thema:

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

1. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys - Similar Threads - TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm sys

2. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve...
  3. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve...
  4. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  5. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  6. How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?: Hello!I have recently been encountering a BSOD with the error code TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE and the affected file nvlddmkm.sys whenever I run a videogame for less than 5 minutes The BSOD does not appear when I am not running a videogame, though.I have tried the following solutions...
  7. How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?: Hello!I have recently been encountering a BSOD with the error code TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE and the affected file nvlddmkm.sys whenever I run a videogame for less than 5 minutes The BSOD does not appear when I am not running a videogame, though.I have tried the following solutions...
  8. How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?

9. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys): My laptop is a toshiba satellite l500d. Specs: AMD Turion ultra dual core mobile 2.50 GHz ATI mobility radeon HD 4650 4gb ddr2 ram I know this is a video driver related problem, what's the fix? I have windows 10. Few days ago I installed panda free AV and malwarebytes. I was...
  10. Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure: Hi, Hoping for some help. I've been getting pretty continuous BSODs with the error TDR_Video_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys). Sometimes it'll take awhile and other times I'll get them back to back. I've run Furmark for 30 mins on my resolution with no BSODs. Then I'll jump on...