Windows 10: TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

Discus and support TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is a toshiba satellite l500d. Specs: AMD Turion ultra dual core mobile 2.50 GHz ATI mobility radeon HD 4650 4gb ddr2 ram I know this is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThisRandomPerso, Apr 21, 2016.

1. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

My laptop is a toshiba satellite l500d. Specs: AMD Turion ultra dual core mobile 2.50 GHz ATI mobility radeon HD 4650 4gb ddr2 ram I know this is a video driver related problem, what's the fix? I have windows 10. Few days ago I installed panda free AV and malwarebytes. I was playing dota 2 today. I closed the application. I went to microsoft edge and searched some stuff on bing. Then my screen just shows me different types of colours. Then, my post screen shows up, and it had these odd green things. Of course it tries to boot and then it says "your PC ran into a problem. We will collect some information about the error and restart for you." It did. Then, after trying to restart, it said "It looks like windows couldn't load correctly." It gave me two options: one was to go to advanced options, other was to restart again, I chose the latter. Didn't work. What would be the fix? Also if it is important a few days ago in the desktop when I clicked on restart nothing happened. Other than file explorer no application would open. So I pressed my power button and forced a shut down. I restarted and everything was running okay until now. Also, I had another problems 3-4 months ago. My laptop wouldnt turn on, so i took it to the shop. They fixed it. 2-3 months later, I had the same problem. I took it to the shop again, and they fixed it. Now in my opinion this problem is tied with the problem i am having now due to the fact that both problems are video related. maybe I am wrong. I really need a fix. Or should I just take my laptop the the computer shop?

:)

ThisRandomPerso, Apr 21, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

bugcheckcode 292 and 278

BugCheck 116, {ffffe000fdbef4c0, fffff80135bdce9c, 0, d}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys

fffff801`35bd0000 fffff801`35c7b000 atikmpag T (no symbols)

Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys

Image name: atikmpag.sys

Browse all global symbols functions data

Timestamp: Mon Mar 21 09:45:33 2016 (56EFFAFD)

atikmpag.sys: Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Uninstall the ATI Display driver, then reinstall it without Catalyst Control Center (driver only!!)

See Wiki for more information and troubleshooting tips.

BCC116 & BCC117 "your video driver has stopped"

BCC116 & BCC117 "your video driver has stopped"

XP ROCKS., Apr 21, 2016
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

BugCheck C4, {2003, ffffe00019ca2068, fffff80125990228, ffffd0007b3d6620}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
    Could not read faulting driver name

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+105c )

atikmpag.sys is the ATI/AMD video driver dated 3/21/2016

fffff801`228f0000 fffff801`2299b000 atikmpag T (no symbols)

Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys

Image name: atikmpag.sys

Browse all global symbols functions data

Timestamp: Mon Mar 21 06:45:33 2016 (56EFFAFD)
    Check with ATI/AMD Support and Forums - it may be necessary to revert back to an

older stable version if no newer is available.

Check memory very thoroughly.

Heat could be a factor - add a small fan blowing into intake as a test.

If this is a separate video card (not on-board) remove ALL power then remove and

reseat the card (actually remove and replace - do not just attempt to snug).

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 21, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

Hi,

Welcome to the forums *Smile. I'm afraid we can't make any good analysis based on just your text.

Since you already went to the shop, i would go back. This is an issue they already acknowledged and clearly didn't fix. If they are unwilling to help, or the cost is too high (if out of warranty?) come back here and run the data gathering tool.

Please follow the data-gathering guid linked below.

*ArrowBlue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Edit:

We had a laptop at work where we replaced the MOBO 2 times, after the third time, we also replaced all charge cables and docking-station.
    Afterwards it turned out that not the computer but one of the cables was at fault.
    So when you go to the shop, take your cables with you, maybe they can test it.

zztemp, Apr 21, 2016
  5. NO, this wasn't the issue that they had fixed. The old issue was that my computer screen wouldn't turn on. My present issue is that windows couldn't start due to the error "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE_(atikmpag.sys).
    Edit: I will give you my dump files or whatever they are called later. I am truly sorry.

ThisRandomPerso, Apr 22, 2016
  6. zztemp Win User
    Ok, post it when you got the time, someone will have a look at it *Smile

I'm leaving on holiday in a few hours, goodluck.

zztemp, Apr 23, 2016
  7. Lottiemansion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

1. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) - Similar Threads - TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE atikmpag sys

2. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve...
  3. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve...
  4. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?

How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?: Hello!I have recently been encountering a BSOD with the error code TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE and the affected file nvlddmkm.sys whenever I run a videogame for less than 5 minutes The BSOD does not appear when I am not running a videogame, though.I have tried the following solutions...
  6. My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY

My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY: My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. currently booting in save mode. all files are grayed out . Pass 3 days followed all process to remedy my booting with no joy. I even did command prom process. Not allowing me create backup or last restore files in system not allowing...
  7. My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY: My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. currently booting in save mode. all files are grayed out . Pass 3 days followed all process to remedy my booting with no joy. I even did command prom process. Not allowing me create backup or last restore files in system not allowing...
  8. My Pc window10 not booting in normal mode. ATIKMPAG SYS FULTY

9. Video TDR Failure Atikmpag

Video TDR Failure Atikmpag: Getting real tired of PC getting this and rebooting 7 or 8 times a day. I have updated my driver 3 times ( It says it is latest but I force the update again hoping maybe to fix it. ) The PC has been doing this since the day I took it out of the box and has gotten worse. used...
  10. Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure: Hi, Hoping for some help. I've been getting pretty continuous BSODs with the error TDR_Video_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys). Sometimes it'll take awhile and other times I'll get them back to back. I've run Furmark for 30 mins on my resolution with no BSODs. Then I'll jump on...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tosshiba pc satellite video tdr failure ita

2. driver ati mobility radeon hd 4650 windows 10 1809

3. atikmpag.sys ati radeon 4600hd