Windows 10: Taskbar won't go away automatically

Discus and support Taskbar won't go away automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SBYH, Sep 20, 2022.

1. SBYH Win User

Taskbar won't go away automatically

On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For example in Excel, the selected cell calculations and zoom slider at the bottom right. The only option to see them is to minimize the window then manually adjust it.Bottom line, the taskbar setttings don't seem to work consistently. How to correct this problem?I want the taskbar to disappear except when I lower my mouse cur

:)

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Sep 20, 2022
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Taskbar won't go away automatically

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar won't go away automatically

1. Taskbar won't go away automatically - Similar Threads - Taskbar won't away

2. Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away: Whenever I highlight an application on the taskbar the highlight background won't go away, only restarting the windows explorer resets it but after a little bit, it comes back and never goes away until I restart windows explorer. In the picture it shows the highlight on the...
  3. Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away: Whenever I highlight an application on the taskbar the highlight background won't go away, only restarting the windows explorer resets it but after a little bit, it comes back and never goes away until I restart windows explorer. In the picture it shows the highlight on the...
  4. Highlight on an application on the taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  6. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  7. Taskbar not going away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  8. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  9. Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?: When I get notifications from Google Chrome(like a new upload from my YouTube subscriptions) they do not disappear on their own. However, when I get other notifications like a discord message, it will go away after a few seconds. This is extremely annoying especially in...
  10. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...