Windows 10: Taskbar search not working - unable to search

Discus and support Taskbar search not working - unable to search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the search in the taskbar. I am unable to do any search, when I click on search the panel appears and then disappears. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dani_H501, Sep 30, 2024 at 5:22 AM.

1. Dani_H501 Win User

Taskbar search not working - unable to search

Hi, I have a problem with the search in the taskbar. I am unable to do any search, when I click on search the panel appears and then disappears. Here below the animated gif: If I click the windows logo, I have the panel but at the first click it disappears in the same way. I tried to restart Windows Explorer with no success. Ofc I tried to restart the system many times with no success. Any help would be much appreciated. Dani

:)

2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

3. APG6 Win User
    my taskbar search is working sporadically

My taskbar search bar is working some of the time. For example, if I type in "TaskMgr", it will list taskmgr, and when I click on it, it opens my Task Manager, as expected.

But if I type in a file name or an app, like WinMerge, it will list them properly in the Search list, but if I click on them, either nothing happens or it takes me to the root window of File Explorer, instead of to the file or the app.

I ran through all the steps on this page, to no avail: How to fix search problems in Windows 10

Any ideas?

4. Taskbar search not working - unable to search

Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Thema:

Taskbar search not working - unable to search

1. Taskbar search not working - unable to search - Similar Threads - Taskbar search working

2. Taskbar search not working - unable to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar search not working - unable to search: Hi, I have a problem with the search in the taskbar. I am unable to do any search, when I click on search the panel appears and then disappears. Here below the animated gif: If I click the windows logo, I have the panel but at the first click it disappears in the same way. I...
  3. Taskbar & Search not working

in Cortana
    Taskbar & Search not working: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates.Since around xmas I've had problems with my taskbar not working. The windows button left click doesn't do anything. The search doesn't work. Cortana doesn't work. and the calendar doesn't work.Additionally, the search...
  4. Taskbar Search not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Search not working.: Just lately, my taskbar search hasn't been working. I've tried to research the problem on my own, but so far I've had no luck with solving it. Part of the problem is that it's hard to find my specific problem. A lot of entries deal with issues that are similar but not...
  5. Search is not working on the taskbar

in Cortana
    Search is not working on the taskbar: I have seen this pop up a few places...and I am not sure my issue is unique, but I want to try and understand how to fix it. Nothing happens when I click on the search in the taskbar. It just does not respond. I have tried running a search and indexing troubleshooter I...
  6. Taskbar not working, file explorer unable to search, and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar not working, file explorer unable to search, and settings not working.: Hello, When I went to shutoff my computer last night, it said there was an update so I updated my computer. Upon turning it on this morning I found something weird. My taskbar is not working. I can still open up apps that are on it, but I cannot open the start menu,...
  7. Unable to use taskbar search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use taskbar search: I have the task bar set to display vertically on the right side of the screen. Until this morning, when I clicked the search icon just below the Windows Start icon, I could type into the search at the bottom left. For example, I could type "control panel" and it would show a...
  8. Search in Taskbar not Working

in Cortana
    Search in Taskbar not Working: Hi All, After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Education Version 2004, i discovered that the search bar in the taskbar doesn't work. I try to type in it after pressing the Windows button and nothing happens. I click in the search bar with my mouse and nothing happens. I was...
  9. taskbar search not working

in Cortana
    taskbar search not working: taskbar search not accessing internet. windows 10 and latest version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-not-working/13b06201-7685-4e41-bdca-5c585878cf42
  10. Search on the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Search on the taskbar not working: The Search function on the taskbar is not working properly. It pops up but nothing happens when you type something in it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-on-the-taskbar-not-working/e4618d0c-eba7-42a7-aa3f-3ac7f4cdbd45"