Windows 10: Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

Discus and support Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with the taskbar search. I'm unable to type anything or input characters, and after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VũHB, Oct 6, 2024 at 12:37 AM.

1. VũHB Win User

Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

Hi everyone,Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with the taskbar search. I'm unable to type anything or input characters, and after a few seconds, the taskbar crashes. I followed Microsoft's tutorial and temporarily fixed it by stopping the SearchHost.exe process in the Task Manager. However, the issue reappears every time I restart my computer.Could anyone help me find a permanent solution for this problem? I apologize if my English isn't perfect, but I hope my explanation is clear.Thank you!

:)

2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

4. Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 6, 2024 at 12:38 AM
Thema:

Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

1. Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Taskbar Search Issue

2. Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11: Hi everyone,Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with the taskbar search. I'm unable to type anything or input characters, and after a few seconds, the taskbar crashes. I followed Microsoft's tutorial and temporarily fixed it by stopping the SearchHost.exe process in the...
  3. Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar: Hi!Every time that I open the search bar on the task bar, it populates code. I have attempted to restart computer, uninstall and reinstall the most recent update, and have also tried troubleshooting, restarting the search process, and many other things. I would prefer to not...
  4. Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar

Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar: Hi!Every time that I open the search bar on the task bar, it populates code. I have attempted to restart computer, uninstall and reinstall the most recent update, and have also tried troubleshooting, restarting the search process, and many other things. I would prefer to not...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar search no longer searches the web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar search no longer searches the web: Until a recent update, the magnifying glass icon available for the taskbar searched both the web and the local computer/network. Now, it no longer searches the web. At the top of the widgets area, there is a search the web field, but I really want the ability to search from...
  6. Windows 11 taskbar , start and search

Windows 11 taskbar , start and search: So I am starting to get this problem from when I restarted my windows 11 computer and it got updated................................After that I realised that my setting , taskbar , and search has been changed to the old windows 10 i don't know what the problem is but please...
  7. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search: Is there any way to change settings of Windows 10/11 when user search via taskbar/Cortana search and select Documents in option, that search result would include indexes result as well. Right now user can search for indexed folder via File Explorer, in taskbar search it would...
  8. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search: Is there any way to change settings of Windows 10/11 when user search via taskbar/Cortana search and select Documents in option, that search result would include indexes result as well. Right now user can search for indexed folder via File Explorer, in taskbar search it would...
  9. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. taskbar search issue

in Cortana
    taskbar search issue: my taskbar search is behaving strangely. whenever i try to search in it,it shows a white blank screen.please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-issue/cc56420c-7bb9-4e91-8189-073104fcb9e7"