Windows 10: task scheduler "an internal error has occurred"

Discus and support task scheduler "an internal error has occurred" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i open task scheduler i get the pop open "an internal error has occured" and when i press "ok" task scheduler says "you do not have permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sol_0000, Oct 2, 2024 at 2:02 AM.

1. Sol_0000 Win User

task scheduler "an internal error has occurred"

When i open task scheduler i get the pop open "an internal error has occured" and when i press "ok" task scheduler says "you do not have permission to perform the requested operation" i cant even click task scheduler Local, i have a local adminstator account and i have no other users on my computer, i have windows 11. I discovered this issue when i got errors on apps that tried to use task schedular to start with windows like MSI AfterburnerI have tried- sfc /scannow didnt detect anything wrong- DISM check/scan/restore didnt detect anything wrong- Using Windows 11 "Repair Install"

:)

2. Carlo Fer Win User

Task Scheduler error

Hello Banjopolo,

GeForce Experience updates may fail due to Windows Task Scheduler errors. I suggest that you follow these steps to resolve the issue.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > type regedit and press
      Enter.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule
    3. Find the DWORD called start, change its value to 2.
    4. Save the changes and then exit out of the registry editor. Reboot you PC.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    thread
    we found answered by
    xyllis about fixing issues with Task Scheduler which helped a lot of community members.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

3. Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

4. HokieMan Win User

Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

Thema:

1. task scheduler "an internal error has occurred" - Similar Threads - task scheduler internal

2. task scheduler "an internal error has occurred"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler "an internal error has occurred": When i open task scheduler i get the pop open "an internal error has occured" and when i press "ok" task scheduler says "you do not have permission to perform the requested operation" i cant even click task scheduler Local, i have a local adminstator account and i have no...
  3. Task Scheduler, An error has occurred for the task [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Task Scheduler, An error has occurred for the task [Fix]: [IMG]Some users face errors from time to time while using the Task Scheduler. This article explores some Task Scheduler errors, highlighting the possible causes and resolution steps for each. Specifically, we discuss the Task Scheduler error – An error has occurred for the...
  4. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred: I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect...
  5. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred: I am currently receiving the "an internal error has occurred" error. However, it only happens from one particular PC when it tries to connect to another. For simplicities sake let's say PC A cannot connect to PC BAll other PCs on the network can connect to PC B.I can connect...
  6. Remote Desktop an internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 RDP - An Internal error has occured

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 RDP - An Internal error has occured: Hi Team, I am using remote desktop to connect my cloud server. I am using windows 10 and I am currently receiving "An internal error has occured" warning message when connecting to remote system. I tried various solutions given in the internet but nothing works fine....
  8. An internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An internal error has occurred: When I use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my server, it usually connects just fine. But sometimes I get the error: "An internal error has occurred." I keep trying (like 20 times) and I keep getting the error. So I change the Display configuration (that is, the size...
  9. An internal error has occurred

in Windows 10 Support
    An internal error has occurred: When I use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my server, it usually connects just fine. But sometimes I get the error: "An internal error has occurred." I keep trying (like 20 times) and I keep getting the error. So I change the Display configuration (that is, the size...
  10. Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: The following error has occurred: 2147750704: I try to make a task in TASK SCHEDULER and it gives me the error 2147750704 I am using a depreciated task so that might be the problem. I am using the message box task and if there is no fixes I will have to use a VBS script and "Run a program" but if theres a fix I'll...