Windows 10: task bar not responding

Discus and support task bar not responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lonny820, Aug 28, 2022.

1. lonny820 Win User

task bar not responding

I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC.

:)

lonny820, Aug 28, 2022

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 28, 2022
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 28, 2022
  4. task bar not responding

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

task bar not responding

1. task bar not responding - Similar Threads - task bar responding

2. Task Bar not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar not Responding: Ran into problem this weekend with task bar not responding. When it happens, I can't click on anything on the task bar. The cursor isn't showing the loading icon either. It's just dead. It seems to respond every 3~5 minutes for a few seconds, updating the time for example,...
  3. Task Bar not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar not Responding: Ran into problem this weekend with task bar not responding. When it happens, I can't click on anything on the task bar. The cursor isn't showing the loading icon either. It's just dead. It seems to respond every 3~5 minutes for a few seconds, updating the time for example,...
  4. Task Bar not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  6. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  7. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  9. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  10. Windows Task Bar Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Bar Not Responding: About a week ago, I went to go click my windows button at the bottom left corner of my screen and it just froze and I shut my computer off and turned it back on and now the whole taskbar is broken. I've already tried the whole task prompt thingy and the "resetting windows...