Windows 10: Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers

Discus and support Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Clicking on a toolbar shortcut, each selection overwrite the existing open tab instead of opening a separate tab. For Example, I opened Facebook and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brandy275, Oct 5, 2024 at 9:12 PM.

1. brandy275 Win User

Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers

Clicking on a toolbar shortcut, each selection overwrite the existing open tab instead of opening a separate tab. For Example, I opened Facebook and then Weather, the tab only shows the Weather tab. The same thing happens in Firefox and Chrome. FYI: If I open a shortcut directly from my desktop, they open correctly just not from the custom toolbar. Windows 11 Version 23H2, last update 9/15/24 KB5043076. -Latest 2024-09 Cumulative Version KB5043145 NOT installed OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631Windows Tabbed Browsing Settings first 4 checked. Ensured

:)

2. WIFI netowrk error program has been shut down because it was causing problems in the Windows 10 firewall system also Yahoo Search opens up in a separate window when trying to access browser

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; on which browser, Yahoo Search opens up in a separate tab?

This issue might occur if there is a conflict between the incoming internet connection and the firewall of the system.

I suggest you to run Incoming connection troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1) In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.

2) Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Incoming connection’

3) Follow the on screen instructions.

If Yahoo Search opens up in a separate tab, in internet explorer browser then I suggest you to new tab page preference to blank and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Internet explorer.

• Click on the gear symbol, on the top right corner if Internet Explorer page.

• Select Internet Options.

• Click on Tabs button.

• Select new tab preference to A blank page, under
      When a new tab is opened, open:

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 5, 2024 at 9:15 PM
  3. Bigfoot Win User
    Tabs Open + And Close X Suddenly Missing in Firefox Toolbar

The tabs + and X to open and close tabs on Firefox browser toolbar are suddenly gone. Is there a simple way to get them back? Not sure why they disappeared. Any easy advice you can offer to fix this? Thanks. I had a windows 10 computer, but the one I have now is windows 11, microsoft edge is my default browser.

4. Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers

Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

Thema:

Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers

1. Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers - Similar Threads - Tabs custom toolbar

2. Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs on custom toolbar not opening separately on all browsers: Clicking on a toolbar shortcut, each selection overwrite the existing open tab instead of opening a separate tab. For Example, I opened Facebook and then Weather, the tab only shows the Weather tab. The same thing happens in Firefox and Chrome. FYI: If I open a shortcut...
  3. Losing all open tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing all open tabs: I am trying to figure out why windows keeps deleting all of my open tabs each time it does an update. In settings I have it so that tabs that were open would be automatically reopened in case of an update and yet twice in the last 2 weeks I have had to deal with trying to...
  4. Too many browser tabs open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many browser tabs open: I am having slow and freezing problems with edge and firefox browsers. I started opening task manager and checking the browsers. When I open 4 windows in firefox 3 of them will tell me firefox is already running and task manager might show 10-20 running and edge sometimes...
  5. Photos Toolbar Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Toolbar Customization: Is there a way to edit the toolbar in the photos app? I was wanting to make a shortcut to the save option. Currently, it is only in the dropdown list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-toolbar-customization/09fba3e6-31ff-4d47-a8c4-feaa6ee03d60
  6. Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser: [ATTACH]The new version of the Edge browser comes with some interesting tweaks and useful […] This article Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Custom Toolbar Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Toolbar Scaling: Hi, I run my windows 10 laptop on external monitor using 1920x1080 with 150% scaling. I have added quick launch toolbar to the taskbar. when I disconnect the external monitor, and use my build-in monitor 1366x768 with 100%, all icons on taskbar scale correctly except...
  8. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  9. Tabbed toolbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tabbed toolbar: I am being threatened by my parents because of the tabbed toolbar on Windows Live Mail. Is there any way to get rid of this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/tabbed-toolbar/a345a2d6-52a5-4e02-9fcc-11a163c901a5
  10. Desktop custom toolbar issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop custom toolbar issues: Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be Attachment...