Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

Discus and support SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am taking a class where we need to use the instructor provided VM image. However, when I tried to power on the virtual machine from VMWare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KNer_, Jan 13, 2022.

1. KNer_ Win User

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

Hi,I am taking a class where we need to use the instructor provided VM image. However, when I tried to power on the virtual machine from VMWare Workstation, my PC show went to BSOD blue screen. I did some Google search and learned to find the error code which is 0x3b, and I also tried WinDbg but I couldnt understand what the minidump was saying. Can someone please help me look at this please? Thanks a lot!SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while executing a system service routine.Arguments:Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the BugCheckArg2: fffff8015c41

:)

KNer_, Jan 13, 2022

2. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

I have just got Windows 10 on my PC. It is legitimate as are all of the software I have installed (first day so there are really only the most basic programs). Recently I have been having BSODs with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) like every 30 mins.

Here are the dumps (the last in the list is the latest one chronologically)

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Please advice, what can it be?

Alex-Nigma, Jan 13, 2022
  3. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Blue screen errors. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is Windows 10 pre-installed on your computer/ upgraded from previous operating system?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error messages?
    • Did you make any software/hardware changes to the computer prior to this issue?

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION:

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics driver’s crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

As it mainly seems to be an issues with the drivers, I suggest you to update all the drivers and also the chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the blue screen occurs.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process
    internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the system to Safe Mode with Networking wherein the computer starts with basic drivers and no third party programs. Check if you are still receiving the error message.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a
    Clean boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Quiibbz Win User

Quiibbz, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys on startup: Something weird has been happening for the last week. On startup, my pc has been going into BSOD, sometimes saying Page fault in nonpaged area, but today I had this SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, then PC restarted and went back to normal. I've seen on a different thread it has...
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys on startup: Something weird has been happening for the last week. On startup, my pc has been going into BSOD, sometimes saying Page fault in nonpaged area, but today I had this SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, then PC restarted and went back to normal. I've seen on a different thread it has...
  4. Blue Screen Of Death SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when using bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when using bluetooth: Whenever I attempt to connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop it freezes and sends me to BSOD with the error code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have looked at the minidump files and have determined that the problem lies in amdacpbt.sys. However, I have no clue what this is or...
  5. Blue Screen Of Death SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when using bluetooth

Blue Screen Of Death SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when using bluetooth: Whenever I attempt to connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop it freezes and sends me to BSOD with the error code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have looked at the minidump files and have determined that the problem lies in amdacpbt.sys. However, I have no clue what this is or...
  6. i am getting BSOD with exception code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am getting BSOD with exception code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.: here are more details from windows debuggerminidump analysis************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  7. i am getting BSOD with exception code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

i am getting BSOD with exception code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.: here are more details from windows debuggerminidump analysis************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  8. i am getting BSOD with exception code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Stop codes CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop codes CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: My Previous issue of my PC crashing to BSOD while playing games are still happening but now that I set the minidmps to do complete dumps I can actually read the stop codes and have more minidumps I can provide. From the last help that I got they told me it was a specific...
  10. Stop codes CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Stop codes CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: My Previous issue of my PC crashing to BSOD while playing games are still happening but now that I set the minidmps to do complete dumps I can actually read the stop codes and have more minidumps I can provide. From the last help that I got they told me it was a specific...