Windows 10: System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...

Discus and support System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The title is quite verbose, so here's a breakdown of the conditions required for this bug to occur:Expected result:The context menu should open when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jarod_051324, May 14, 2024.

1. System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...

The title is quite verbose, so here's a breakdown of the conditions required for this bug to occur:Expected result:The context menu should open when right-clicking non-Windows applications which are pinned to the System Tray. Instead of having to left-click the up arrow icon to expand the Tray, then right-click an applicationThe problem:The context menu does not open and the taskbar hides due to the automatic taskbar hide option enabled.Prerequisites:1. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled2. The taskbar is revealed by pressing the Windows Key3. The application in the S

:)

Jarod_051324, May 14, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377575d1666287089t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw-done.png
    I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave. It was not present in that Open With list. I used the Default Programs Editor:
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377576d1666287156t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw1.jpg
    Did you click Save...? You should have seen:
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377577d1666287188t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw2.jpg
    Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377578d1666287451t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-1.jpg
    - opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, May 14, 2024
  3. Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs Diagram 'B' shows the extended list I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension. I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option. If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify. I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377543d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-.png

System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377544d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-b.png

Bandit012345, May 14, 2024
  4. System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Thanks for the suggestion dalchina. Goldwave is already listed in there but still only appears after "Choose another app". - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks for the link Try3 "Denis". I'm going to have to research more on this article because this level of registry editing is a little beyond me. I've already backed up through regedit and created a System Restore Point, but I'm a little fuzzy on how to precede. - - - Updated - - -
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... 377553d1666247186t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-owreg.png

Bandit012345, May 14, 2024
Thema:

System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...

1. System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic... - Similar Threads - System Tray context

2. System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...: The title is quite verbose, so here's a breakdown of the conditions required for this bug to occur:Expected result:The context menu should open when right-clicking non-Windows applications which are pinned to the System Tray. Instead of having to left-click the up arrow icon...
  3. System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray context menus do not open for pinned apps non-windows only when automatic...: The title is quite verbose, so here's a breakdown of the conditions required for this bug to occur:Expected result:The context menu should open when right-clicking non-Windows applications which are pinned to the System Tray. Instead of having to left-click the up arrow icon...
  4. Windows 11 Context menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Context menus: The actions one can take for an item file, folder, etc. show up in different ways:Across the topAcross the bottomIn a context menu I think "context menu" is the right term.others?This is a bit confusing -- not that one can't quickly figure out where to look, but that one...
  5. Pinned Taskbar apps context menus dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned Taskbar apps context menus dont work: When I right-click a pinned app the context menu shows up but if I left-click any of the option it doesn't do anything and the context menu stays up...
  6. White Boxes On All System Tray Context Menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White Boxes On All System Tray Context Menus: After doing a clean install of windows due to bad formatting/modification of the partitions, this issue has come up that ive never had before, seems to be an issue with newer versions of windows as i haven't updated in nearly a year prior to the clean install. Any help would...
  7. Automatically closing and non opening Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically closing and non opening Apps: Voice recorder gets closed automatically when I click on record. X Box game bar never opens on clicking it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-closing-and-non-opening-apps/8c0bf1ab-b0d9-451c-b7fe-2080f008718e
  8. All mice randomly open context menus.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All mice randomly open context menus.: My mice (all of them) randomly open context menus in just about every application. This seems to be fairly recent; it started perhaps 3-4 months ago. It is becoming extremely frustrating because when a context menu pops up it captures or interferes with the curser...
  9. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  10. Context menus opening to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menus opening to the left: .... instead of to the right, like they're SUPPOSED to. [img] 72316