Windows 10: System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

Discus and support System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gofwan Nenpo, Dec 19, 2023.

1. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently, I've been experiencing significant system slowdowns, and several applications have become unresponsive. The system becomes sluggish, and even basic tasks take much longer than usual. This issue seems to occur randomly and is affecting the overall performance of my computer.Steps Taken So Far:Checked for and installed the l

:)

Gofwan Nenpo, Dec 19, 2023

2. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

Dear Microsoft Community,

I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.

Problem Description: Recently, I've been experiencing significant system slowdowns, and several applications have become unresponsive. The system becomes sluggish, and even basic tasks take much longer than usual. This issue seems to occur randomly and is affecting the overall performance of my computer.

Steps Taken So Far:

1. Checked for and installed the latest Windows updates.
    2. Ran a full system scan using Windows Defender; no malware or viruses detected.
    3. Verified that there is sufficient free space on the hard drive.
    4. Closed unnecessary background processes and applications to free up system resources.
    System Information:

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2
    • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    • RAM: 16 GB
    Request for Assistance: I'm reaching out to seek guidance on diagnosing and resolving this slowdown issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or if Microsoft experts can provide specific troubleshooting steps or updates, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Best regards,

Gofwan

Gofwan Nenpo, Dec 20, 2023
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 20, 2023
  4. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

Hi Gofwan,

I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.

Can you share the System event logs?

>> Open Event Viewer.

>> Click Windows Logs.

>> Right-click System.

>> click "Save all events as"

>> Select location, name the file, and click Save.

>> select "Display Information for these languages ", click English and click OK.

>> Upload the saved log file to OneDrive and share the link here.

Also, check the Reliability Monitor.

> Open the Control Panel in icon view. Click on Security and Maintenance. Expand Maintenance and click on View reliability history.

> Check for errors for the time and date the issue occured.

Thanks.

Paul Navera, Dec 20, 2023
Thema:

1. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications - Similar Threads - System Slowdown Unresponsive

2. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  3. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  4. Unresponsive applications after System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive applications after System Restore: Good day! I did a system restore last February 3 with my Acer Nitro 5 Model AN515-43-R6DJ because a verified third party application downloaded from a secure source failed to launch after the said application's update failed midway. After reinstalling the third-party app,...
  5. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  6. System Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Unresponsive: I have an issue or maybe a couple of them Updates will not install and increasing regular the system all of a sudden freezes. Mouse appears active but nothing opens. This usually happens in use but has occurred at start up with desktop displayed, mouse cursor moving but...
  7. Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause: Hello! I have updated my System Profile.... My system has begun to respond very slowly...programs may take 5 to 10 seconds to launch, changing tabs in browser or quitting a program seems to take forever. I have looked at what is starting up and looked some at Task Manager...
  8. Mysterious System Slowdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious System Slowdown: I'm posting this on behalf of my old friend and colleague, Herb Martin, who used to teach Windows NT desktop and server curriculum at his company LearnQuick.com back in the day when I was first getting into that same area (which puts it around 1994-1995). He still works with...
  9. Constant unresponsive system

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant unresponsive system: I recently upgraded from windows 7. After updating I ran updates as well as install the windows 10 drivers I could find for my hardware. All OK apart from one BIG issue. The system constantly freezes and a hard reboot is required. Any ideas on how to find out why this is...
  10. Intermittent system unresponsiveness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent system unresponsiveness.: Lately my system has been becoming unresponsive. All of a sudden everything will slow to a crawl, the browser becomes unresponsive, start menu doesn't open, desktop right click menu opens very slowly with entries missing, task manager opens empty and lot's of graphical...