Windows 10: System shuts down during sleep

Discus and support System shuts down during sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloMy Windows 11 Pro system is not resuming from Sleep properly.It goes to sleep normally and sometimes even resumes from it successfully too. But,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Caren.Khachatrian, May 9, 2024.

1. System shuts down during sleep

HelloMy Windows 11 Pro system is not resuming from Sleep properly.It goes to sleep normally and sometimes even resumes from it successfully too. But, more often then not, when I try to wake it back up, the system goes through a full power cycle.CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI MPG B650i EDGE WiFi RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 RAM 32GB 2x16GB 6000MT/s CL30-38-38-96 1.35V also ran with standard timings but made no differencePSU: Corsair SFX 750W Platinum CertifiedLatest BIOS & no overclocking....I looked through an error dump file which led me down a path that made me think it was my

:)

Caren.Khachatrian, May 9, 2024

2. Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, May 9, 2024
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 9, 2024
  4. System shuts down during sleep

Windows 10 upgrade, when I hit sleep the computer shuts down after a while instead of sleep

Thanks. I had already done those steps and it didn't help. I still have the shut down issue after it sleeps for a while. Any other Suggestions?

NancyS. Bostain, May 9, 2024
Thema:

System shuts down during sleep

1. System shuts down during sleep - Similar Threads - System shuts down

2. System shuts down during sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System shuts down during sleep: HelloMy Windows 11 Pro system is not resuming from Sleep properly.It goes to sleep normally and sometimes even resumes from it successfully too. But, more often then not, when I try to wake it back up, the system goes through a full power cycle.CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo:...
  3. System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again: My system got shut down a few minutes ago. It wasn't probably shut down completely. When I started again my browser and apps were still open. Maybe it went to sleep. I thought it would be because of low battery.But a few minutes later I saw an error alert on Windows itself...
  4. System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again: My system got shut down a few minutes ago. It wasn't probably shut down completely. When I started again my browser and apps were still open. Maybe it went to sleep. I thought it would be because of low battery.But a few minutes later I saw an error alert on Windows itself...
  5. System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep: My laptop keeps shutting down randomly during sleep. When it turns back on I get this message: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata." I looked in the event viewer to the entry before the last shutdown and it says: "Connectivity...
  7. Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode

Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode: Hello, I just purchased a brand new Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, it will shut down on its own after 30 minutes-1 hour. I find this out as I try to wake it up from sleep and it does not awake. When I turn it on, I can see that the...
  8. Windows 10 deletes programs during sleep/shut down.

Windows 10 deletes programs during sleep/shut down.: I recently updated windows 10, I had no updated it in awhile and it caused problems. Often when I shut down, restart, or sleep/standby my laptop I find certain files VLC Player, Discord Chat, Google Chrome, etc will be gone. The shortcut will be missing from the desktop and...
  9. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...