Windows 10: System randomly crashes when playing games

Discus and support System randomly crashes when playing games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wang Ziyao, Aug 25, 2024.

1. System randomly crashes when playing games

The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but stays normal when I do other stuff, such as model training and other cpu/GPU heavy work.Tried driver verification, but it cannot produce a dump file while giving error code 0xc0000218. Tried replacing the memory, and start with one stick, the problem persists.System: ryzen 5800xRam: 64gb g skill trident z neo Graphic: evga 3080ti Storage: 1tb pcie 4.0 m.2 drivePlease help, thank you

:)

Wang Ziyao, Aug 25, 2024

2. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Aug 25, 2024
  3. Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 25, 2024
  4. peach1971 Win User

System randomly crashes when playing games

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 25, 2024
Thema:

System randomly crashes when playing games

1. System randomly crashes when playing games - Similar Threads - System randomly crashes

2. Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezing/crashing when playing games.: Whenever i play games mainly Fortnite and Apex legends on my windows 10 PC, it will randomly freeze for a few seconds or crash and a debugging report will be sent to AMD. I don't know what to do and i have tried updating drivers but nothing has helped. does anyone know what...
  3. Random freezing/crashing when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezing/crashing when playing games.: Whenever i play games mainly Fortnite and Apex legends on my windows 10 PC, it will randomly freeze for a few seconds or crash and a debugging report will be sent to AMD. I don't know what to do and i have tried updating drivers but nothing has helped. does anyone know what...
  4. System randomly crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System randomly crashes when playing games: The system randomly give bsod when playing games while giving error code of unexpected store exception.The BOSD only occurs when I play games, but stays normal when I do other stuff, such as model training and other cpu/GPU heavy work.Tried driver verification, but it cannot...
  5. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  6. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  7. Random computer crashes when playing game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random computer crashes when playing game: Hey everyone, my computer has been randomly crashing when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. It seems to happen more frequently lately happening about three times today. I have uploaded my .dmp file Even though it says date modified 10/2 and my MSinfo file. Any help/direction...
  8. Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games: Initially I thought it was the problem of a specific game. But later on I found for all the games COD16, DOTA2, APEX, Satisfactory, Conan exile and so on I'm actively playing, either the system would crash bluescreen or the game itself would crash once I've played it for a...
  9. PC crashes randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes randomly when playing games.: I've had this problem now for about a month. Somedays it wont happen at all, others it will happen 4-5 times. When playing a game my pc will crash/freeze at random. I'm completely locked out. Mouse wont move, can't use keyboard. Computer is completely frozen and...
  10. Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Random crashes/freezes when playing games: Hello, about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart (it happened when playing high requirement games mostly) . That has not happened in a long time but...