Windows 10: System files "Date modified" set in future

Discus and support System files "Date modified" set in future in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arnar Gylfi Haraldsson, Apr 9, 2024.

1. System files "Date modified" set in future

Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future, and draws the conclusion that I set the date back to extend my license. This is happening because I set the system date to be in the future temporarily. Some files must have been automatically created or updated during this time, and now have "date modified" in 2025. The only such file that I've found is DirectXApps.sdb within the apppatch folder, I suspect there are others, but I hope not. I have seen some others running into similar problems her

:)

Arnar Gylfi Haraldsson, Apr 9, 2024
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 9, 2024
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 9, 2024
  4. System files "Date modified" set in future

Date Modified Issue

File dates can be set in two ways:

• By the editor you use. The editor may or may not modify the date stamp. Normally it does but there are exceptions.
    • By a script that allows you to specify the date & time.

Frederik Long, Apr 9, 2024
Thema:

System files "Date modified" set in future

1. System files "Date modified" set in future - Similar Threads - System files Date

2. System files "Date modified" set in future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files "Date modified" set in future: Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future, and draws the conclusion that I set the date back to extend my license. This is happening because I set the system date to be...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  5. Dates modified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dates modified: I did a factory reset on my laptop, and chose the delete everything, but I still have some files saying they were modified before the factory reset? submitted by /u/Hi_im_joker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugnqk/dates_modified/
  6. Saving files dated in the future

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving files dated in the future: My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future. My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening? :S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-files-dated-in-the-future/062208cb-ef98-4b1c-a574-0e4315e1f33f
  7. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  8. date modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    date modified: when Im looking for files it no longer lets me do date modified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified/35718835-05a2-4282-8ba9-ed627239b036
  9. Set Date Modified to be in descending Date Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Date Modified to be in descending Date Order: I would like to set the default for date modified to be in descending date order highest to lowest date in all folder and sub-folders It would be appreciated if someone could assist me 150407
  10. Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix?

Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix?: Hi, I'm trying to install some software that has some licensing issues because it says my system files have the wrong date. Lo and behold, when I check my Windows directory there are many, seemingly random, files and folders with the date 1/15/2020. My computer's system...