Windows 10: System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?

Discus and support System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran SFC /scannow because the uninstall function in Programs and Features is not working properly. When I try to uninstall a program the "Please wait"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rpwlaw, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:23 PM.

1. rpwlaw Win User

System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?

I ran SFC /scannow because the uninstall function in Programs and Features is not working properly. When I try to uninstall a program the "Please wait" message runs continuously and the program does not uninstall. After the SFC completed, the message said that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I look at the CBS logfile but it is almost impossible to understand so I do not know what is signficant to repair. Please advise.The CBS log file showed the following I have omitted the items that wer not an issue ssince the entire log file cannot be a

:)

2. l3lessed Win User

Need Vista SP1 32bit files.

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum, but noticed you had helped someone else get crucial vista files.

Some of my Vista files are appearing corrupted with I do a sfc /scannow, but a system repair and sytem file checker won't actually fix them so I'm going to have to do it myself.:shadedshu

Can some one give me these following files for Windows Vista SP1 32bit.

• Explorer.exe
    • Aero.theme
    • Regedit.exe
    • notepad.exe
    • imageres.dll
    • calc.exe
    • spwhizimg.dll
    Explorer.exe is the most crucial though. Thanks guys.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    System file checker error

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that SFC scan doesn’t complete and give error. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

SFC scan checks the integrity of the system files that are required for the running of Windows. If certain system DLL files are causing issues, SFC scan will try to repair these files. However, you may refer the article
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or
    corrupted system files
    where you will find more information.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to perform DISM from the above mentioned article and see if that helps.

If you still see errors in SFC scan on running OS, then you can perform in-place upgrade to repair the system files.

An in place upgrade will repair the corrupted system files and will upgrade the computer to the latest version of Windows as well.

To perform an in place upgrade on the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article
    How to perform an In-place Upgrade
    with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide
    by PaulSey…

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

4. System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?

Cannot run file integrity checker SFC /scannow

Glad the SFC error is fixed.

Please run DISM first and then SFC. The instructions are in this article.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

After finishing the steps, upload fresh CBS logs on OneDrive, Uploading the two more recent logs in the CBS folder should be sufficient.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:25 PM
Thema:

System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?

1. System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why? - Similar Threads - System File Checker

2. System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?: I ran SFC /scannow because the uninstall function in Programs and Features is not working properly. When I try to uninstall a program the "Please wait" message runs continuously and the program does not uninstall. After the SFC completed, the message said that Windows...
  3. System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System File Checker "SFC" could not repair some files. Why?: I ran SFC /scannow because the uninstall function in Programs and Features is not working properly. When I try to uninstall a program the "Please wait" message runs continuously and the program does not uninstall. After the SFC completed, the message said that Windows...
  4. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  5. SFC scan can't repair some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scan can't repair some files: Hey all.So I've used sfc /scannow and it completed the scan but it can't repair some of the files. I found in the logs that the corrupted file is "autochk.exe". I have checked this link to help, but I don't have a uncorrupted file to replace it. Is there any way to get a file...
  6. System file checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  7. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  8. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  9. Can't repair some files sfc scannow

Can't repair some files sfc scannow: Hi everyone, I installed Windows 10 today and after setting up everything, tweaking etc. I decided to re-overclock my GPU except I forgot what I used to have my core clock at so I accidentally pushed it a bit further than it could handle. Needless to say it crashed during...
  10. system file checker

system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...