Windows 10: System crashes 1-2 times a week

Discus and support System crashes 1-2 times a week in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows 10 system started crashing a few months ago. It crashes once or twice a week. I think it was around the time of some new VPN software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BKowald, Apr 8, 2022.

1. BKowald Win User

System crashes 1-2 times a week

My Windows 10 system started crashing a few months ago. It crashes once or twice a week. I think it was around the time of some new VPN software Perimeter81 was installed.Here is a link to the crashdump file. Its in OneDrive. Let me know if its not accessible.040822-12812-01.dmp

:)

BKowald, Apr 8, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 8, 2022
  3. axe0 Win User
    Random system freezes for weeks

Alright, time for an update.
    My lead was the RAM, after some time of trying it looked like the RAM may be the cause. Can't remember exactly why/how I came to it unfortunately.

After some time the frequency of freezes seemed to increase again to a frequency of 1 per day, this situation looked for me like a perfect opportunity to use driver verifier again with a different setup as it won't take much longer than 2-3 days of testing with driver verifier.

So with that in mind I enabled all standard options + power framework delay fuzzing & DDI compliance checking in driver verifier choosing all drivers of the list that are above the Microsoft drivers. Doing so makes it easier to document everything properly making it more clear what I've done, what the result is and what a possible next step could be.

After a few days with this configuration no single freeze had occured, enough proof for me to go to the next step which is using the same settings on all drivers in the list that are beneath the Microsoft drivers. I'm currently in that setup of driver verifier running my system.

A next step with driver verifier will be to enable the other additional options, only 2-3 at a time to not rush it, checking all drivers above the Microsoft onces.

I'm running driver verifier 72h to 96h (3-4 days) each time for those who'd like to know.

These are the possibilities I have in mind with driver verifier:
    - If it is a hardware issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system without pointing to any driver or pointing at too many drivers.
    - If it is a driver issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system for a maximum of a few times if I have some bad luck with getting back in Windows.
    - If driver verifier is unable to crash my system then the next step is to see if any program may be causing issues by uninstalling one-by-one per few days, with my amount of programs it should only take a few more months to complete this troubleshooting process but with a 100% certainty. That is assuming that Microsoft doesn't workout a patch for issues that unexpectly fixes my issue too.

axe0, Apr 8, 2022
  4. Cliff S Win User

Random system freezes for weeks

I know you probably have no other choice than do this, but... You are definitely a verrrrry patient man, to go to this extant in troubleshootingSystem crashes 1-2 times a week :)

Cliff S, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

1. System crashes 1-2 times a week - Similar Threads - System crashes times

2. System crashed 3 times this week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashed 3 times this week: I have had 3 crashes and do not know what the cause is. I have shared the dump file below Thank you. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kKRSWX6huEviw5mylfBb6TSKaexWTY1w?usp=sharing...
  3. System crashed 3 times this week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashed 3 times this week: I have had 3 crashes and do not know what the cause is. I have shared the dump file below Thank you. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kKRSWX6huEviw5mylfBb6TSKaexWTY1w?usp=sharing...
  4. System crashing and blue screen looping every 1-2 weeks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System crashing and blue screen looping every 1-2 weeks: Hi thereI built a PC last year and have only recently been running into some pretty serious errors with it.A month ago I had a severe BSOD crash that looped indefinitely while playing Destiny 2 on steam. After a day or two of troubleshooting, Checking the ram and both drives,...
  5. System crashing and blue screen looping every 1-2 weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing and blue screen looping every 1-2 weeks: Hi thereI built a PC last year and have only recently been running into some pretty serious errors with it.A month ago I had a severe BSOD crash that looped indefinitely while playing Destiny 2 on steam. After a day or two of troubleshooting, Checking the ram and both drives,...
  6. System crashing and blue screen looping every 1-2 weeks

7. System crashes 1-2 times a week

System crashes 1-2 times a week: My Windows 10 system started crashing a few months ago. It crashes once or twice a week. I think it was around the time of some new VPN software Perimeter81 was installed.Here is a link to the crashdump file. Its in OneDrive. Let me know if its not...
  8. System crashes 1-2 times a week

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System crashes 1-2 times a week: My Windows 10 system started crashing a few months ago. It crashes once or twice a week. I think it was around the time of some new VPN software Perimeter81 was installed.Here is a link to the crashdump file. Its in OneDrive. Let me know if its not...
  9. BSOD 1 - 2 times a week, clueless.

BSOD 1 - 2 times a week, clueless.: Hello there,I have the problem that for a few months I get these BSODs with the cause being either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, also there is never a specific application or error code mentioned in the BSOD. The first few times I was...
  10. Windows crashing 1-2 times a day

Windows crashing 1-2 times a day: My computer has been crashing daily for the past month. just during random times. sometimes when I an Surfing the Web, Writing an email or even when it is sleeping. The past details are just from today. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...