Windows 10: Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

Discus and support Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MUzair1, Apr 15, 2022.

1. MUzair1 Win User

Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my laptop which is uploaded automatically to OneDrive. When I use my PC would I be able to see the Folder A on desktop in my PC as both the systems are using same Microsoft account and syncing desktop. In other words, can I access my files/folders on PC, which I left on my laptop.

:)

MUzair1, Apr 15, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

Yes. Steps 2.1 through 2.3 are meant to be done in a browser signing in to the primary OneDrive account, after receiving the email from secondary OneDrive account that account sent in step 1.7.

For some time already: How I lost my Windows Insider MVP Award | Win10.Guru

3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Apr 15, 2022
  4. fjk61011 Win User

OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

I entered my primary account email but the Share button does nothing

fjk61011, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs - Similar Threads - Syncing OneDrive account

2. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...: Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest Windows 10 update May 15th, 2024, and it synced the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Folder from BOTH computers to folders in my...
  3. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...: Here is my very long original title before I saw there was a character limit:I have 2 home PCs, accidentally activated OneDrive Sync with newest Windows 10 update May 15th, 2024, and it synced the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Folder from BOTH computers to folders in my...
  4. 2 personal PCs, activating OneDrive sync with update May 15, 2024 synced both PCs,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?: I can't figure out how to do this:I have a w10 PC at one location, with a windows account, and a separate onedrive account that has 1tb storage through a school MS account. I am logged into the school onedrive account, and the PC's My Documents folder is backed up through the...
  6. Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?: I can't figure out how to do this:I have a w10 PC at one location, with a windows account, and a separate onedrive account that has 1tb storage through a school MS account. I am logged into the school onedrive account, and the PC's My Documents folder is backed up through the...
  7. Syncing 'My Documents' across 2 remote PCs via onedrive?

8. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  9. Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs

Syncing OneDrive account on 2 PCs: Hi,I am using Office 365 subscription on my Laptop and syncing all files via onedrive. I want to setup a PC at my office and want to use same account on that PC too. Would I be able to sync onedrive files between my laptop and PC.For ex: I have saved Folder A at desktop in my...
  10. Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs

Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs: I have 2 PCs that have many common folders and document files as well as some that are unique to each computer. I want to set up OneDrive to create one set of merged folders and files that will sync across the 2 PCs. i would obviously like to avoid duplicate files. And,...