Windows 10: Switch to a new CD Rom

Discus and support Switch to a new CD Rom in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somehow my laptop's built-in CD-Rom D: doesn't work anymore - cannot reject at all!Then I bough an external CD Rom. Every time I plus it in and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanDao04, Aug 23, 2024.

1. DanDao04 Win User

Switch to a new CD Rom

Somehow my laptop's built-in CD-Rom D: doesn't work anymore - cannot reject at all!Then I bough an external CD Rom. Every time I plus it in and it shows in E: drive.I need to re-install some software, the system asks me to insert my CD to the built-in CD-Rom D:, but cannot insert in this drive. Instead, I insert my CD to the external CD-Rom E:. And of course, the system doesn't recognize the CD in E:!Please give me a hand on how to make the system recognizes my CD in E: drive.I am still using Window 7.Thanks!

:)

DanDao04, Aug 23, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

i buy a new laptop without cd rom

Hi Teodor Adrian,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your external CD ROM is missing. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Are you getting any error message?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your CD or DVD which is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 23, 2024
  3. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Aug 23, 2024
  4. Switch to a new CD Rom

DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Aug 23, 2024
Thema:

Switch to a new CD Rom

1. Switch to a new CD Rom - Similar Threads - Switch Rom

2. How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...: So I have the problem that my Laptop lacks performance heavily in certain games like Minecraft because it uses the internal Intel GPU instead of my NVIDIA GPU. I tried to change this in the windows settings. However, I was not able to find some of the games there since they...
  3. How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...: So I have the problem that my Laptop lacks performance heavily in certain games like Minecraft because it uses the internal Intel GPU instead of my NVIDIA GPU. I tried to change this in the windows settings. However, I was not able to find some of the games there since they...
  4. My laptop is not switching to a normal connected earphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not switching to a normal connected earphones: I have tried all the methods and updates with bios also but my problem is not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-switching-to-a-normal-connected/7755d13e-e2c3-4cae-a856-e01c8ee4ae60
  5. My laptop is not switching to a normal connected earphones

My laptop is not switching to a normal connected earphones: I have tried all the methods and updates with bios also but my problem is not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-switching-to-a-normal-connected/7755d13e-e2c3-4cae-a856-e01c8ee4ae60
  6. Spotify briefly turning off monitor when switching songs, is there a fix?

Spotify briefly turning off monitor when switching songs, is there a fix?: these are my specs: im playing in 1440x1080.Operating system: Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631DirectX runtime version: DirectX 12GPU processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPERDisplay: 1440x1080,60HzCPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core Processor RAM: 16.0 GBStorage: SSD -...
  7. Switch to a new CD Rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to a new CD Rom: Somehow my laptop's built-in CD-Rom D: doesn't work anymore - cannot reject at all!Then I bough an external CD Rom. Every time I plus it in and it shows in E: drive.I need to re-install some software, the system asks me to insert my CD to the built-in CD-Rom D:, but cannot...
  8. Switch from 64 to 32 bit from cd rom games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch from 64 to 32 bit from cd rom games: Currently I have 64 bit but my games ran on 32 bit before on this pc which is why it needs to be done. I don't want to mess things up can anyone advice??...
  9. Switch from 64 to 32 bit from cd rom games

Switch from 64 to 32 bit from cd rom games: Currently I have 64 bit but my games ran on 32 bit before on this pc which is why it needs to be done. I don't want to mess things up can anyone advice??...
  10. Switch from 64 to 32 bit from cd rom games

in Windows 10 Customization