Windows 10: Swap Home/Pro Keys

Discus and support Swap Home/Pro Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All,Not knowing I had a Pro version of W10 on my gaming/workstation PC, I have a need to put Pro onto my home server running W10 Home. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kpkp3, Sep 6, 2021.

1. kpkp3 Win User

Swap Home/Pro Keys

Hi All,Not knowing I had a Pro version of W10 on my gaming/workstation PC, I have a need to put Pro onto my home server running W10 Home. I'm specifically interested in using the windows Remote Desktop and Virtual Machines on my home server. I'm excitedly expanding some of my wants/needs for the server and looking forward to learning new things along the way! It just seems the Pro version would be much better utilized on the other PC.Thanks!-kp

:)

kpkp3, Sep 6, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Product key swap

Hi Andre

You can only swap over those licences, if both licences are Retail licences (purchased separately to the PC's), if those licences came pre-installed on those PC's, they do not have transfer rights

If those are retail licences, upgrading the Home SL to Pro will be easy, you can use a generic Pro key, however, downgrading the Pro licence to Home SL will require a full clean install of Windows Home SL

If those licences are retail licences, please let me know and we can go through the steps to swap those over . . .

DaveM121, Sep 6, 2021
  3. " and @ keys are swapped

I have swapped and changed my language to both UK and US English and nothing seems to work

I have downloaded the updated language pack as well

I even removed the US input keyboard and I still have this problem

I have done everything that Deepika Gowda has suggested in this previous forum and it's not working!

The @ key swapped with "

It's driving me insane!

Please help

Darren Davids, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Swap Home/Pro Keys

Swapping the product key

I have two laptops one that was bought recently, laptop 1, has windows 10 home, and another laptop, laptop 2, with windows 10 pro, which is old. Laptop 2 is not my main work station but laptop 1 is. So I wish to have pro in my laptop 1 and home in laptop
    2. Can I just swap the product key in both to swap the windows?

shashankchaudhary1, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

Swap Home/Pro Keys

1. Swap Home/Pro Keys - Similar Threads - Swap Home Pro

2. Swap Win10 Home and Pro between 2 laptops?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap Win10 Home and Pro between 2 laptops?: I have 2 laptops and 2 windows licenses, 1 is Home version and the other is Pro. What's the correct way to swap the licenses between the 2 laptops? I asked a similar question however I could not find itI tried to reinstall win 10 on one of the laptops which got Home version...
  3. Swap Win10 Home and Pro between 2 laptops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swap Win10 Home and Pro between 2 laptops?: I have 2 laptops and 2 windows licenses, 1 is Home version and the other is Pro. What's the correct way to swap the licenses between the 2 laptops? I asked a similar question however I could not find itI tried to reinstall win 10 on one of the laptops which got Home version...
  4. Swap Win10 Home and Pro between 2 laptops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key

I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key: I bought a windows 10 home key a week ago but later understood, that I actually want to use Windows 10 pro. Can I refund my unused windows 10 home key and then buy windows 10 pro?...
  6. I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key: I bought a windows 10 home key a week ago but later understood, that I actually want to use Windows 10 pro. Can I refund my unused windows 10 home key and then buy windows 10 pro?...
  7. I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Swapping keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping keys: This problem seems almost bizarre. Since I installed a wireless mouse and re-paired my keyboard and mouse I've found that highlighting a single file within a folder and clicking ATL+A to select all the files in the list no longer works. Today I discovered that the function...
  9. Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro

Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro: I have two laptops one with Intel core i5 processor and other with intel Celeron processor. The i5 variant has windows 10 Home preinstalled and Celeron variant has Windows 10 Pro which I upgraded from Windows 10 Student. Is it possible to swap OS versions and use Windows 10...
  10. Key for Pro or Home

Key for Pro or Home: After using the reset procedure on a new drive, the product key will not work. Found out that my licence is for a Win 10 Home install, pc now has a Win 10 Pro image? How can I activate or go back to a Win 10 Home version?...