Windows 10: Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

Discus and support Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 8, and when I use the Snipping Tool I am unable to get the erase button on the end of my Slim Pen 2 to work. In addition, the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SandraLawlyes, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

I have a Surface Pro 8, and when I use the Snipping Tool I am unable to get the erase button on the end of my Slim Pen 2 to work. In addition, the app freezes up for a couple of minutes when I go from the pen function to the erase function.I don't believe it is a problem with the pen.

:)

SandraLawlyes, Apr 26, 2022
  2. LucaDiba Win User

Cursor shows with Surface Slim Pen

I am using a Surface Book 2 (Windows 10 1909) with a Surface Slim Pen (but it used to happen when I was using the Surface Pen too).

Despite having disabled the cursor with the Surface Pen in settings, it shows up very frequently when I start using the pen (in the whole Windows system, not just a specific app).

Every time it happens, to fix the problem I have to restart the Surface: when restarted, the cursor doesn't show anymore (correctly).

Same issue as: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-onenote/3c2f2fd0-a290-4b7e-80d0-1b7da11d7b05

LucaDiba, Apr 26, 2022
  3. PEN TOOLS NOT WORKING

Hi Deepender,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of the Pen tool and the computer?
    2. What happens when you try to write?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device prior to this issue?
    4. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

If you’re using the Microsoft Surface Pen, you may refer the article
    Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen
    for the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps can also be implemented for the other pens as well.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

1. Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Surface Slim Pen

2. Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink: Hi, My surface slim pen 2 pen tip stopped working. The pen is recognized by the device and the curser is even seen however the pen tip is just not inking, the back end however does work. My computer is a surface studio, I have already changed the pen tip and uninstalled...
  3. Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink: Hi, My surface slim pen 2 pen tip stopped working. The pen is recognized by the device and the curser is even seen however the pen tip is just not inking, the back end however does work. My computer is a surface studio, I have already changed the pen tip and uninstalled...
  4. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  5. Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool: I have a Surface Pro 8, and when I use the Snipping Tool I am unable to get the erase button on the end of my Slim Pen 2 to work. In addition, the app freezes up for a couple of minutes when I go from the pen function to the erase function.I don't believe it is a problem with...
  6. Snipping tool not working when opened with Slim Pen shorctu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not working when opened with Slim Pen shorctu: I'm running Windows 11. The Snipping Tool works when I open it from the start menu, but when I open it using the shortcut button on my Slim Pen 2, it doesn't work - it launches, but after the screen darkens, the "snipping window" or whatever it's called doesn't open. The...
  7. Snipping tool not working when opened with Slim Pen shorctu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool not working when opened with Slim Pen shorctu: I'm running Windows 11. The Snipping Tool works when I open it from the start menu, but when I open it using the shortcut button on my Slim Pen 2, it doesn't work - it launches, but after the screen darkens, the "snipping window" or whatever it's called doesn't open. The...
  8. Snipping tool problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping tool problem: whether i press the screen snip on my thinkpad, id always get to snip a part of the screen nd then get a popup window with options of what to do with it, like with the older version of snipping tool. But recently and after i got a new laptop, the feature disappeared. I could...
  9. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping Tool Problems: As of right now whenever I take a snip it saves to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip I could not find any way to change it in the app. does anyone know how to? submitted by /u/xdGladiator [link]...
  10. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool Problems: When I try to snip a screen it goes completely black now. It used to work great but now I can't snip things that I see on the internet.? Can I just upgrade that part of the WIndows 10 program? I really miss it now...