Windows 10: Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...

Discus and support Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What does "...invalid access to memory location" mean? It just suddenly started showing up when I click a link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dutchb, Jul 22, 2023.

1. dutchb Win User

Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...

What does "...invalid access to memory location" mean? It just suddenly started showing up when I click a link.

:)

dutchb, Jul 22, 2023

2. Can't "Link to Wndows"

Thanks so much. I will certainly follow your tutorial in the future. I think resetting did the trick, and I was also able to set a pin code.

Question. I am confused about one ongoing step: "Go to www.aka.ms/addComputer" in your browser." A search for this, and other similar url's suggested in the Phone LInk setup always ends up the same way, with a trip to nowhere.

Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message... 386566d1677443402t-cant-link-wndows-aka.png

Clicking in those types of links end up in a blank tab

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 22, 2023
  3. When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared

Hi,

When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared. The name of the link is
    Sliders grilles. It should show in the list, then show a list of games when I click on it.

I can still play the games from 'This PC' but it's fiddly

CynthiaDaviss, Jul 22, 2023
  4. weybrew Win User

Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message... 244459d1566756126t-all-gmail-links-fail-gmail-test-1.png

Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message... 244460d1566756282t-all-gmail-links-fail-gmail.png

weybrew, Jul 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message... - Similar Threads - Suddenly attempt follow

2. I getting hacked by only click on a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I getting hacked by only click on a link: Hi greetingSomeone put a link at discord and I click on the link only, I get hacked !He played his own music on my PC and I don't know what more...This link is what I opened and hacked, be careful https://only-fans.uk/PrincessKitty How I can solve it ? I full scan with...
  3. I getting hacked by only click on a link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I getting hacked by only click on a link: Hi greetingSomeone put a link at discord and I click on the link only, I get hacked !He played his own music on my PC and I don't know what more...This link is what I opened and hacked, be careful https://only-fans.uk/PrincessKitty How I can solve it ? I full scan with...
  4. Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...: What does "...invalid access to memory location" mean? It just suddenly started showing up when I click a link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-when-i-attempt-to-follow-a-link-by/b277335d-cd11-45d9-909c-2211b80c1f38
  5. Remove "Click or tap to follow link"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove "Click or tap to follow link": When my cursor touches a hyperlink, a window pops open with the link address. Is there a way to turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/64d845cf-36ff-4e28-8c4a-26624636e365
  6. When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.: When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. I then have to minimise the page I am working on to see the page I have opened, then minimise this page to return to the original page. This is very frustrating. I am using Windows 10 home version...
  7. remove click or tap to follow link

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove click or tap to follow link: remove click or tap to follow link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/77606ac6-b353-4e4d-a920-2d4ff49d0fbb
  8. When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared: Hi, When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared. The name of the link is Gamehouse. It should show in the list, then show a list of games when I click on it. I can still play the games from 'This PC' but it's fiddly...
  9. All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This...: The was a message on the screen it had the WINDOW LOGO AND IT SAID SYSTEM WARNING! Your windows system is damageid Windows version: Windows 10 Please not: Windows security has detected that the system is corrupted and outdated. All system files will be deleted...
  10. Dangerous Links: Did I just click on a malicious link?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dangerous Links: Did I just click on a malicious link?: I may sound paranoid, but I know my personal information can be accessed by me just clicking on a link as this happened to me earlier in the year. Is there some kind of "online scanner" I can use to check if a link contains malicious intentions like if it wants to steal my...