Windows 10: Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen

Discus and support Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The morning of the 5th day prior today, my laptop started to run like trash and behaved strangely. Sometimes it didn't let me change the volume. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Please help I'm so fed up, Aug 4, 2024.

1. Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen

The morning of the 5th day prior today, my laptop started to run like trash and behaved strangely. Sometimes it didn't let me change the volume. I've been fed up with trying remedy it. The day before, it was fine, opened any site in under a second. Now it's taking 5+ seconds. Everything has gotten a that much slower, most things take more than 5 secs, and I've no idea why, when there weren't changes made between turning it off the night before and turning it on, I know of. I made a win 11 recovery usb to factory reset this thing and it's still awful. I've been asking Perpelxity ai for solution

:)

Please help I'm so fed up, Aug 4, 2024

2. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

Hi,

Chkdsk was clean and here is a shot of the rest of the commands...

Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen 319432d1613609810t-windows-10-load-time-jumped-5-secs-50-secs-capture.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Reboot and 50 sec delay still there.

Harry Flatters, Aug 4, 2024
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 4, 2024
  4. John Vil Win User

Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen

Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Aug 4, 2024
Thema:

Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen

1. Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen - Similar Threads - Sudden trash performance

2. Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden trash performance; many things take 5+ secs to happen: The morning of the 5th day prior today, my laptop started to run like trash and behaved strangely. Sometimes it didn't let me change the volume. I've been fed up with trying remedy it. The day before, it was fine, opened any site in under a second. Now it's taking 5+ seconds....
  3. Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden

Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden: Randomly today a few minutes ago I noticed a green check mark on all my icons then it changed to a little square with 2 guys wearing a blue and green shirt and that usually indicates shared files but I haven’t shared anything....
  4. Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden: Randomly today a few minutes ago I noticed a green check mark on all my icons then it changed to a little square with 2 guys wearing a blue and green shirt and that usually indicates shared files but I haven’t shared anything....
  5. Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. why takes 5 sec to close browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    why takes 5 sec to close browser: takers 5 ser. to close browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-takes-5-sec-to-close-browser/e4959592-49b8-4a7b-b443-7978a514f7c3
  7. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  8. Screen Blackout 5 sec

Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  9. Small tasks like rename,copy takes 5+ secs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small tasks like rename,copy takes 5+ secs.: When renaming, or coping only a few KB file File Explorer shows progress bar and takes 5+secs. This problem didn't exist earlier. My PC is high end....
  10. Many things not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many things not working: I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and actually i couldn't see half of my taskbar , it was like invisible . I could point the mouse to that and it would eventually...