Windows 10: Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and...

Discus and support Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I am experiencing on my Windows 10 Pro system. I have been using BitLocker to encrypt one of my drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ibrahim ayub, Oct 6, 2024 at 7:43 AM.

1. Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and...

I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I am experiencing on my Windows 10 Pro system. I have been using BitLocker to encrypt one of my drives for the past month, and I have been accessing it using the password without any issues. However, I have recently encountered a problem.The BitLocker application seems to have disappeared from my PC, and I can no longer access my encrypted drive. When I try to access the drive, there is no prompt for entering my password, which prevents me from accessing my important files.I would appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this issue and regain acc

:)

ibrahim ayub, Oct 6, 2024 at 7:43 AM
  2. mcraygsx Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

I used a Bitlocker in Windows 8 PRO to Lock my Internal SATA Drive. I have formatted my PC twice in past and I was able to unlock it after each fresh installation of Windows 8.

But Recently I did a fresh Installation of Windows using same Software and CDKEY. This time I did upgraded to Windows 8.1 including all the latest patches.
    Problem is When I click on my Drive, Windows give me the message " DO YOU WANT TO FORM IT" When I do click Cancel. I do the following message "The
    volume does not contain a recognized file system....."
    Here is the screenshot of error message
    imgur.com

Disk management shows a healthy Drive:
    imgur.com

I have done fresh installation of windows several times before but never had this issue. I was always able to restore security settings and unlock my drive using BITLOCKER.

I have tried to unlock the drive with just Windows 8 pro and the problem persists.

Additional Info:
    - Control Panel > BitLocker, Software no longer shows my drive under it.
    - Hardware specs remain the same before or after the issue.

Any tech support would be great.

3. KSilerJr Win User
    Have Bitlocker Prompt for Password on Non-System Drive

Here is how I was able to get the system to prompt me for the BitLocker password each time I logged on.

My system has 2 drives one for the OS which is not encrypted with BitLocker and a DATA drive that is fully encrypted with BitLocker. What I wanted was for the system to prompt me for the password each time I booted the system and logged in. Here are the steps that allow this to happen.

1) Create a file in your Windows\System32 folder called UNLOCK.CMD using notepad with these lines in it
    @Echo off & cls
    echo .
    manage-bde.exe -unlock -password D:

2) Create a Task Scheduler that uses the Trigger "At log on".
    On the General Tab make sure to check "Run wit highest privileges"
    Action "Start a Program"
    Browse to C:\Windows\System32 and select Unlock.CMD

3) Now Restart your system and a DOS window should popup asking for the password.

Hope this helps others.

4. Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and...

After upgrade to Windows 10, external hard disk encypted by BitLocker

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open
      Cortana Search

• Type
      BitLocker
      in the search field.

• And in the search results select
      Manage BitLocker option.

• BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    How to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker

• By following the above steps, you are into the
      BitLocker Drive Encryption window.

• Now you can see all the drives of your computer listed on that window.

• Look for the drive that you want to encrypt and click on
      Turn On BitLocker option of that drive to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker.

• Another
      BitLocker Encryption
      window will appear on your screen.

• Here you will be asked
      How you want to unlock the drive.

• You have two options,
      password and smart card. I opted for the password method. So click on
      Use a password to unlock this drive.

• It will ask you to provide a strong
      password.

• Remember that you will need this password at every stage when you boot
      Windows 10. And also carefully remember the password as with the wrong password you will not be able to use encrypted system correctly.

• Click
      Next
      after entering and confirming the password.

• Now you will have to
      back up your recovery key. In future, if you face any difficulty in accessing the encrypted drives then this key will be helpful.

• Choose the preferred location and click
      Next.

• In the following window, you have decided that
      how much of a drive you will like to encrypt.

• Choose the desired option and click
      Next.

• The next window will ask
      Are you ready to encrypt the drive.

• Click on Start Encrypting
      option.

• The process of encryption drive partition is over.

• Restart your system.

• You will see that encrypted drive is locked.

• When you double-click it to open it, you will be asked to provide the
      password.

• Enter the
      password
      and click Unlock.

• On the
      Notification Area
      of the Taskbar, a pop-up box will appear showing you the encryption process going on in the background of the desktop.

• After the completion of the encryption, you will be informed about it.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 6, 2024 at 7:45 AM
Thema:

Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and...

1. Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and... - Similar Threads - Subject BitLocker Encypted

2. Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: BitLocker-Encypted Drive not showing password prompt on Windows 10 Pro and...: I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I am experiencing on my Windows 10 Pro system. I have been using BitLocker to encrypt one of my drives for the past month, and I have been accessing it using the password without any issues. However, I have recently encountered a...
  3. Subject: Issue with Windows 10 Pro . ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with Windows 10 Pro . ,: I recently purchased a second-hand PC, and I’m encountering issues with activating Windows 10 Pro. When I entered the product key I found using a tool ProduKey, the system displayed a message saying I need to connect to my organization's activation service.However, I am not...
  4. bitlocker encypts drive every start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker encypts drive every start up: The problem started most likely today where the secondary non operating system drive of my Lenovo think pad was encrypted. It did have a recovery code and it was successfully decrypted, however on its next start up the same dive was encrypted again.This was replicated upon a...
  5. bitlocker encypts drive every start up

bitlocker encypts drive every start up: The problem started most likely today where the secondary non operating system drive of my Lenovo think pad was encrypted. It did have a recovery code and it was successfully decrypted, however on its next start up the same dive was encrypted again.This was replicated upon a...
  6. bitlocker encypts drive every start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Support,I am facing a critical issue on my Windows 11 laptop. I have two accounts, one standard and one administrator. The admin account is password-protected, but when I try to log in, the password prompt option doesn't appear. Instead, the standard account...
  8. Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11

Subject: Issue with Admin Account Password Prompt in Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Support,I am facing a critical issue on my Windows 11 laptop. I have two accounts, one standard and one administrator. The admin account is password-protected, but when I try to log in, the password prompt option doesn't appear. Instead, the standard account...
  9. Bitlocker encrypted drive not prompting for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted drive not prompting for password: I have a bitlocker encrypted file named myfile.vhd. On my PC when I double click it, it warns that it's encrypted, then prompts for a password. I copied the file to my wife's computer and when I double click it, or right click and select "Mount" from the context menu a...
  10. Have Bitlocker Prompt for Password on Non-System Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have Bitlocker Prompt for Password on Non-System Drive: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I am using BitLocker on a non-system drive and not on my system drive. I am not planning on using it on my system drive. I do not have a TPM compatible computer. Once I log into Windows, I would like to be prompted for the password to unlock my...