Windows 10: Stuck with keyboard layout

Discus and support Stuck with keyboard layout in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete languages but they do not show up as removable and i've tried every solution i've found and i'm stuck with Danish layout, English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zeezzion ., Jul 17, 2024.

1. Stuck with keyboard layout

I'm trying to delete languages but they do not show up as removable and i've tried every solution i've found and i'm stuck with Danish layout, English US, English US again, English Canada which is the one i want to use please help. No i cannot delete it through the time & language tab in settings

:)

Zeezzion ., Jul 17, 2024
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Stuck in “choose keyboard layout” loop

My Acer laptop running Windows 10 is stuck in a choose keyboard layout loop.

Every time I select the US keyboard the laptop just shuts down and reboots.

It then comes back to the Choose keyboard layout page.

Is there a way to fix this that doesn't involve a whole lot of complicated steps?

IanWil2007, Jul 18, 2024
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Stuck with keyboard layout

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 18, 2024
Thema:

Stuck with keyboard layout

1. Stuck with keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Stuck keyboard layout

2. Stuck with keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck with keyboard layout: I'm trying to delete languages but they do not show up as removable and i've tried every solution i've found and i'm stuck with Danish layout, English US, English US again, English Canada which is the one i want to use please help. No i cannot delete it through the time &...
  3. Keyboard layouts stuck downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layouts stuck downloading: As you can see in the screenshot below, I have the language data of "Portuguese Brazil" downloading. However, the download never finishes. The problem is that when I turn off the notebook, it stays stuck at a "Updates are underway"-screen, and it stays there endlessly. I have...
  4. Keyboard layouts stuck downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layouts stuck downloading: As you can see in the screenshot below, I have the language data of "Portuguese Brazil" downloading. However, the download never finishes. The problem is that when I turn off the notebook, it stays stuck at a "Updates are underway"-screen, and it stays there endlessly. I have...
  5. Stuck on select keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on select keyboard layout: A few days ago I attempted to install the Windows 11 update on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. An error kept coming up which I can’t entirely remember so I gave up for now and carried on using Windows 10. Yesterday when opening the laptop, the computer is asking me to select the...
  6. Stuck on select keyboard layout

Stuck on select keyboard layout: A few days ago I attempted to install the Windows 11 update on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. An error kept coming up which I can’t entirely remember so I gave up for now and carried on using Windows 10. Yesterday when opening the laptop, the computer is asking me to select the...
  7. Stuck on select keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC STUCK ON KEYBOARD LAYOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC STUCK ON KEYBOARD LAYOUT: Before the year ended, I created a bootable drive for a friend and all of a sudden, my PC was stuck on Keyboard layout. I tried every solution online but none was able to solve it, so I had to just clear my whole files to install a new OS.Just yesterday I created another OS...
  9. PC STUCK ON KEYBOARD LAYOUT

PC STUCK ON KEYBOARD LAYOUT: Before the year ended, I created a bootable drive for a friend and all of a sudden, my PC was stuck on Keyboard layout. I tried every solution online but none was able to solve it, so I had to just clear my whole files to install a new OS.Just yesterday I created another OS...
  10. Keyboard layout stuck on instalation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard layout stuck on instalation: i have win 7 home premium and i made the update with thw crearion tool. everything was good, but in the second boot, almost finishing the instalation, the screen got stuck on the keyboard selection, my mouse nor my keyboard worked there, i turned on and off the pc and it went...