Windows 10: Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?

Discus and support Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop is stuck on this loading screen and I’m not sure why. The censored part is my name. I couldn’t find any similar images online so I apologise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arles43, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Arles43 Win User

Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?

My laptop is stuck on this loading screen and I’m not sure why. The censored part is my name. I couldn’t find any similar images online so I apologise if this is a simple issue that I just don’t know about.My laptop was fine a few hours ago, I shut it didn’t power off or anything, just closed it down to go do something else for about an hour and when I came back my screen was like this.I’m not sure if I’m doing the automatic repair thing wrong, but that screen won’t pop up. The power button doesn’t seem to do anything but turn my screen on and off.Any ideas what this is for? Any solutions?

:)

Arles43, Apr 8, 2024
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Apr 8, 2024
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows 10 stuck on loading screen.

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check out Annu Singh’s answer in this thread:
    Windows 10 stuck on loading screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Apr 8, 2024
  4. reyzac Win User

Windows 10 stuck in loading screen with spinning dots

Hi,

Windows 10 is stuck in loading screen. Here are the things that happened before it became like that:

• I noticed that my Dell laptop is lagging so much even after restart so I checked the Task Manager and noticed that the Disk is at 100%.
    • Found out that Avast premiere is causing the Disk to be at 100% so I End Task it
    • Triggered CHKDSK upon startup in order to check if Disk is fine.
    • Upon startup Check Disk ran but it is stuck at 12% even after almost 2 hours of waiting. So need to hard reboot. This persisted around 3 times
    • Upon reboot Dell Diagnostics automatically kicked in since it detected that the system was not shut down properly. Result is that no problems found.
    • After Dell Diagnostics, the system rebooted and now is stuck to the loading screen with the spinning dots.

Solutions that I tried:

• Used Media Installation Tool to do Startup repair. But result is that the Automatic startup repair cannot resolve the issue.
    • Performed system restore to earlier date. The restore was successful but I am still stuck at the loading screen with spinning dots upon reboot.
    • Startup Settings does not show in the Troubleshoot menu so activated the F8 to trigger safe mode. Upon selection of Safemode with network the system reboots and gets stuck in Dell logo screen.

Please advise. If possible I want to avoid losing my files.

Thanks!

reyzac, Apr 8, 2024
Thema:

1. Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Stuck loading screen

2. Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?: My laptop is stuck on this loading screen and I’m not sure why. The censored part is my name. I couldn’t find any similar images online so I apologise if this is a simple issue that I just don’t know about.My laptop was fine a few hours ago, I shut it didn’t power off or...
  3. Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?: My laptop is stuck on this loading screen and I’m not sure why. The censored part is my name. I couldn’t find any similar images online so I apologise if this is a simple issue that I just don’t know about.My laptop was fine a few hours ago, I shut it didn’t power off or...
  4. I am currently stuck on the loading screen for the past few hours and I don’t know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am currently stuck on the loading screen for the past few hours and I don’t know what to do: I can’t figure out to get past the logo of my computer it gets to bios easily but not past the logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-currently-stuck-on-the-loading-screen-for-the/586f1b0c-3004-455d-91e8-c582164024d0
  5. I am currently stuck on the loading screen for the past few hours and I don’t know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am currently stuck on the loading screen for the past few hours and I don’t know what to do: I can’t figure out to get past the logo of my computer it gets to bios easily but not past the logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-currently-stuck-on-the-loading-screen-for-the/586f1b0c-3004-455d-91e8-c582164024d0
  6. My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do: It stopped working a few months ago but i really wanted to get it working, It will start on the loading screen then turn black after a bit. I have no idea what to do, or how to fix it: I tried some suggestions but it never worked. it kicked into automatic repair then it turn...
  7. My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do: It stopped working a few months ago but i really wanted to get it working, It will start on the loading screen then turn black after a bit. I have no idea what to do, or how to fix it: I tried some suggestions but it never worked. it kicked into automatic repair then it turn...
  8. My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Stuck on loading screen in Login how do I fix this?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on loading screen in Login how do I fix this?: This been 2 days my problem after the update of laptop, I tried doing safe mode but it still getting stuck on the log in. I even tried system restore, it still get stuck there how do i fix this. Even i tried waiting for us it just infinitely spin then blinks to blackscreen...
  10. Stuck at 57% for hours now how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 57% for hours now how do I fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Memeseekr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6rcb2/stuck_at_57_for_hours_now_how_do_i_fix/