Windows 10: Stuck on restart screen after windows update

Discus and support Stuck on restart screen after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel Pye, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the requirements for windows 11 by far so windows update automatically downloads it and installs itThen it prompts a restart, however for months now upon restart just gets stuck on a sort of black screen that says the brand of my laptop logo 'Gigabyte' then a quarter/half installation/loading circle and remains like that for hoursI g

:)

Daniel Pye, Aug 19, 2023
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksStuck on restart screen after windows update :)

Hendry, Aug 19, 2023
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2023
  4. dizatt Win User

Stuck on restart screen after windows update

PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

Thank you kindly for your reply zbook. After following steps 6-8 I got this screen. What should I do now?
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update 230885d1555533776t-pc-stuck-restart-loop-after-latest-update-img_20190417_213954.jpg

dizatt, Aug 19, 2023
Thema:

Stuck on restart screen after windows update

1. Stuck on restart screen after windows update - Similar Threads - Stuck restart screen

2. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  3. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  4. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  6. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  7. Stuck on restart after updating windows.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on restart after updating windows.: hello, I am using windows 10, dell xps 15 here. I received a notification letting me know I needed to restart my laptop to finish an update, so I did and it kept restarting for a long time..I tried everything, hard boot and it would shut off, or at least the screen would go...
  8. Windows screen stuck on no logo after I restarted for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows screen stuck on no logo after I restarted for update: After the computer said my device was not up to date with updates i clicked update and it restarted my computer. After it restarted and finished downloading the update, it went onto the hp screen for a long time and it is still on it. My keyboard is also not working right now...
  9. Stuck at restarting screen after driver update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck at restarting screen after driver update: I bought a new laptop and updated it to the latest version of windows 10 i.e 1803 and later i observed that the network speed i am reciereceis very low compared to my friend who is connected to the same wifi network, So using intel driver support i updated the wireless ac9650...
  10. Stuck on BIOS Screen After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on BIOS Screen After Restart: Hello, this is my first post here, and I have come to you all for help. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop using the "Reset" option in settings. The reinstall went great and the OS performed very well, until I restarted it to install...