Windows 10: Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there!Every few days I get this strange sign in entry on my windows account. What is strange about this is the fact that is the same IP as any of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel_286, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

Hello there!Every few days I get this strange sign in entry on my windows account. What is strange about this is the fact that is the same IP as any of my previous sign ins. so it should be me. The entry took place about three minutes after booting up my pc and is labeled as Platform: Windows and App: Unknown. Given the fact the IP address is the same in both cases ant the fact that this sign in took place 3 minutes after starting my pc makes me think that it can be an windows app running in the background but I am not sure so I was hoping that someone can help me narrow it down to a certai

:)

Daniel_286, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Strange log ins on  my Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Windows 10 automatically logs-in to strange new user account

Hi,

I realize that the windows 10 logs-in to a different user account.

1. When you say you cant log-in to this strange new user, are you saying that you cant switch to this (strange)new user account from your real user account?

2. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

3. How many user accounts have you configured on your PC?

4. Did you follow the below steps to check the user account?

1. Right click on start menu, select control panel.

2. Select User account, click on manage other accounts.

3. Check the account name, type.

5. From which user account did you check? is it from the strange new user account OR from your real user account?

Once the computer log's in automatically to the strange new user account, You may also follow the below steps and check if you get the account information.

1. Open settings.

2. Click on accounts.

3. Click on your email and accounts tab.

4. On the right side check the user name and type.

You may try the given suggestions and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 23, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

1. Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Strange log ins

2. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?: Dear Microsoft community,For quite sometime I've had multiple Internet Explorer log-ins even though I don't use it, its only used in my Windows 10 system. As I've seen in my sign-in activity however, the browser comes up as log-ins that are confirmed to be mine, but are...
  3. my microsoft account not log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account not log in: my windows not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-not-log-in/95fe21ce-8c0a-42e2-bfe5-16deeeeae3c7
  4. Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account: Hello there!Every few days I get this strange sign in entry on my windows account. What is strange about this is the fact that is the same IP as any of my previous sign ins. so it should be me. The entry took place about three minutes after booting up my pc and is labeled as...
  5. Logging in to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Logging in to my Microsoft Account.: My secondary pc and my phone both accept my AOL login to Microsoft Account, plus two other separate logins.My primary pc, however, refuses to accept the AOL login. Why is this? Please ignore the fact that I'm still living in the nineties with an AOL account but bear in mind,...
  6. TRYING TO DELETE DUPLICATE MICROSOFT LOG INS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    TRYING TO DELETE DUPLICATE MICROSOFT LOG INS: My original Microsoft login was created using an email address internet provider which I have not used in well over a decade. When I log in, Microsoft shows 3 separate login options, 2 of which are NOT valid. I have been unable to figure out or get Microsoft to understand...
  7. log ins

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log ins: hi Following a recent Windows 10 update, I now have to log in to EVERYTHING afresh on a daily basis - except sometimes it remembers and I don't! completely randomly. This includes e.mails Outlook, EBay, Facebook etc. Occasionally, I have to log in more than once on the...
  8. LOG INS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOG INS: HOW TO CHECK LOG INS ON THIS COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-ins/932e741a-4ef8-4132-8374-2e9614d3d266
  9. log ins

in Windows 10 Customization
    log ins: How do I get rid of the constant log in. I had it fixed till this last update. I am the only one that uses this pc and DO NOT like to constantly log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/log-ins/e85a1df1-fdad-4050-8026-a21de86a2e36
  10. Log Ins/Outs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log Ins/Outs: I have noticed that win 10 does not allow a generic log in screen like 7/8 did. I have 3 users on my pc; if I am the only one logged in, and log out, it just reboots my desktop. If another is logged in and logs out, the same. Is there a magic key to return the log in...