Windows 10: Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

Discus and support Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need my taskbar to be hidden UNLESS I need it. How do I STOP notifications from unhiding it until I click on a notification for example in teams or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danwhatever, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

I need my taskbar to be hidden UNLESS I need it. How do I STOP notifications from unhiding it until I click on a notification for example in teams or outlook? I get hundreds of notifications a day. As it is now, it makes the autohide feature essentially unusable. And yes, I do know I can turn off notifications. I DON'T want to turn off notifications. I just don't want notifications to hold my taskbar hostage until I acknowledge them.

:)

Danwhatever, Mar 3, 2022
  2. Tazmiria Win User

Auto hide taskbar not unhiding

This was working fine and for some unknown reason it stopped. I have the taskbar on auto hide and when I move my mouse to unhide, it will not show the taskbar. I did not change any settings or download anything new so do not know what happened. I tried taking
    auto hide off and it appears fine, then turned auto hide back on and still the taskbar will not unhide. Any suggestions how to get my taskbar to unhide without having to turn it on/off?

I also can not close one window, it makes me close all windows. The little + sign is gone to open a new window I have to go to the right side, open the drop down menu and click New Window. None of this was like this yesterday, the taskbar worked perfectly
    so I am very confused. Please help me get my taskbar back to working normal again.

Tazmiria, Mar 3, 2022
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When the ‘Auto-hide’ feature for the Windows taskbar is enabled, the taskbar will stay hidden until an application needs your attention. For regular apps like ‘Skype’, the application’s taskbar icon starts flashing when there is
    a notification. You can simply click on the glowing taskbar icon to let the application know that you have seen the notification and the task bar will ‘Auto-hide’ once again. It is the same for the background system applications in the system tray, however,
    in Windows 10 these system notifications go away on their own and you can view them later in ‘Action Centre’.

This feature of Windows 10 is by design. Which means that this can be solved either by letting the application know that you have seen its notification by clicking on it and viewing it once or by configuring it to stop notifying.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Notifications and actions’ settings in the ‘Settings’ application. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘I’ key together, this will open the ‘Settings’ application.
    2. Click on ‘System’ and select ‘Notification & actions’ from the options on the left.
    3. Scroll down to find ‘Get notifications from apps and other senders’, you can toggle it ‘Off’ to stop receiving notifications or you could scroll down to toggle ‘Off’ the notifications from the individual applications.
    4. Some applications will have settings within the application itself to prevent the notification. I suggest you check with that as well.

We value your suggestion, if you wish to provide a feedback relating to your suggestion, please ‘click
    here
    ’.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 3, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

1. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar - Similar Threads - Stop notifications unhiding

2. Prevent Teams Notifications from Unhiding my Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Teams Notifications from Unhiding my Taskbar: Since you close questions without resolving them I am forced to repost my question, which has NEVER been resolved! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-notifications-from-unhiding-my-taskbar/d2f4e72c-8503-4e05-a2f4-79cf24dd0d87 As can be seen very...
  3. Prevent Teams Notifications from Unhiding my Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Teams Notifications from Unhiding my Taskbar: Since you close questions without resolving them I am forced to repost my question, which has NEVER been resolved! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-notifications-from-unhiding-my-taskbar/d2f4e72c-8503-4e05-a2f4-79cf24dd0d87 As can be seen very...
  4. how to stop orange flashing taskbar apps from unhiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to stop orange flashing taskbar apps from unhiding taskbar: is there any possible way i can disable the function that pops up my taskbar when an open program in my taskbar receives an alert? I don't want to specifically disable all notifications, just the part that makes the notifications show my taskbar submitted by /u/tripleCsBaby...
  5. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: Auto-hide function of the taskbar SHOULD be a useful tool to keep my apps and shortcuts nearby WHEN I NEED THEM. However, every time someone sends me a Teams chat, thetaskbar UN-HIDES and of course covers up anything at the bottom of my screen. This would be bad enough if the...
  6. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: Auto-hide function of the taskbar SHOULD be a useful tool to keep my apps and shortcuts nearby WHEN I NEED THEM. However, every time someone sends me a Teams chat, thetaskbar UN-HIDES and of course covers up anything at the bottom of my screen. This would be bad enough if the...
  7. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: I need my taskbar to be hidden UNLESS I need it. How do I STOP notifications from unhiding it until I click on a notification for example in teams or outlook? I get hundreds of notifications a day. As it is now, it makes the autohide feature essentially unusable. And yes, I...
  9. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: I need my taskbar to be hidden UNLESS I need it. How do I STOP notifications from unhiding it until I click on a notification for example in teams or outlook? I get hundreds of notifications a day. As it is now, it makes the autohide feature essentially unusable. And yes, I...
  10. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...