Windows 10: Stop getting windows insider updates.

Discus and support Stop getting windows insider updates. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Im on a stable release of windows 11 24h2, and i seem to still be getting windows insider updates, and I want to stay on my stable build.currently i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by user2222222, Oct 21, 2024 at 2:57 AM.

1. Stop getting windows insider updates.

Im on a stable release of windows 11 24h2, and i seem to still be getting windows insider updates, and I want to stay on my stable build.currently i am only able to keep scheduling updates so i avoid them, ive tried to unenroll my device from the insider program and account isnt even registered as an insider? its very confusing

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

Getting out of the Insider Program

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check.

• Open the Settings app, hit ‘Update & security’.
    • Under Windows Update, hit ‘Advanced options’.
    • Then, under ‘Get Insider builds’, press the ‘Stop Insider Builds’ button.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

3. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

4. AsRock Win User

Stop getting windows insider updates.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

Thema:

Stop getting windows insider updates.

1. Stop getting windows insider updates. - Similar Threads - Stop getting insider

2. Stop getting windows insider updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop getting windows insider updates.: Im on a stable release of windows 11 24h2, and i seem to still be getting windows insider updates, and I want to stay on my stable build.currently i am only able to keep scheduling updates so i avoid them, ive tried to unenroll my device from the insider program and account...
  3. How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?: Hi.I have used the Insider Preview channel because of some WSL features. After some time i was stuck at the last W10 Insider Preview as upgrading to W11 failed due to missing TPM.So now i upgraded my BIOS to support TPM and done an update to Windows 11 via USB drive from...
  4. How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?: Hi.I have used the Insider Preview channel because of some WSL features. After some time i was stuck at the last W10 Insider Preview as upgrading to W11 failed due to missing TPM.So now i upgraded my BIOS to support TPM and done an update to Windows 11 via USB drive from...
  5. Stop Windows 11 Insider Build Update Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 11 Insider Build Update Download: Hi,So I have joined the Windows Insider Program and got the Windows 11 Insider Build. As it make my computer quite slow I removed it and went back to Windows 10. Everything was going fine until today, I have gone to the Update and Security page in Settings and noticed that it...
  6. I can't stop getting updates of windows 11 dev channel insider previews updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't stop getting updates of windows 11 dev channel insider previews updates: I almost leave insider preview updates on the dev channel. But still, I got same updates of insider preview builds. What do I do to stop these insider preview updates...I restart pc once I leave the windows insider program...I repeat that process many times but it's still...
  7. Not getting Windows Insider Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting Windows Insider Updates: Hello, I have been an "insider" for a couple of years now using my Surface Pro. Now I want to start getting the updates on my desktop. I signed up 3 days ago but have not received any updates yet. Is this normal? I am running the latest Windows 10 Pro. My version number is...
  8. Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds: Hello, My laptop is currently running the latest build on Windows Insider Dev mode. I want to stop getting preview builds and do a clean install without losing my app, files and settings. When running the Windows 10 Setup, all the options are greyed out apart from "Nothing"...
  9. Is there a way to stop getting offered Preview Updates without Insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop getting offered Preview Updates without Insider: Hi there, is there a way to not get offered these preview updates (Preview of Monthly Rollup, Preview of .Net etc)? The important part is, I am NOT an Insider. I do not, have not and never will participate in that Insider Programme. It's even greyed out because I disabled...
  10. Windows Update has stopped working in the insider previews.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update has stopped working in the insider previews.: A few insider previews ago windows update continuously checks for updates and never completes. Currently 18975 insider preview. I never see an error code as the update never completes. using uup to install. I have tried all the usual tricks and then some. Trouble shooters...