Windows 10: Steam Crashing

Discus and support Steam Crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I've recently discovered an issue where if I open up a Steam game that has a launcher, a black box that fits that launchers window, appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph The Gamer, Aug 14, 2024.

1. Steam Crashing

Hello.I've recently discovered an issue where if I open up a Steam game that has a launcher, a black box that fits that launchers window, appears behind the launcher and it moves with it when I drag the launchers window around. When I hover my mouse over that black box, it appears as if it's not responding, then it crashes that black box and then the black box reappears behind the launchers window. After about 15 seconds of inactivity while that launcher is open, Steam crashes, but the launcher doesn't. It then generates a Steam Client dump file. I have reached out to Steam Support regarding t

:)

Joseph The Gamer, Aug 14, 2024

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2024
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Computer crashes when attempting to login to Steam.

Hi,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• When exactly did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To know the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • Does the issue only occur when logging in to Steam?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when your computer crashes?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Aug 15, 2024
  4. peach1971 Win User

Steam Crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 15, 2024
Thema:

Steam Crashing

1. Steam Crashing - Similar Threads - Steam Crashing

2. Steam Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Crashing: Hello.I've recently discovered an issue where if I open up a Steam game that has a launcher, a black box that fits that launchers window, appears behind the launcher and it moves with it when I drag the launchers window around. When I hover my mouse over that black box, it...
  3. Elden Ring Crashing on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elden Ring Crashing on Steam: Ever since the 1.13 patch, my Elden Ring has been crashing. The game will open for around a minute before closing itself with no error in the event viewer. I have tried updating my drivers, reinstalling the game, reinstalling windows, and a few other options without any...
  4. Elden Ring Crashing on Steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elden Ring Crashing on Steam: Ever since the 1.13 patch, my Elden Ring has been crashing. The game will open for around a minute before closing itself with no error in the event viewer. I have tried updating my drivers, reinstalling the game, reinstalling windows, and a few other options without any...
  5. Steam Vr crashing after 20-30min playing Vrchat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam Vr crashing after 20-30min playing Vrchat: It turns out that recently playing vrchat has been giving me crashes after 20 or 30 minutes of playing. I use Quest 3 + Virtual desktop SlimeVr Trackers 23 Gb ramryzen 7 3700X2060 rtx The errors that give me are: 1- Erroring application name: vrcompositor.exe, version:...
  6. games on steam keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games on steam keep crashing: Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.180.0.0, time stamp: 0x65d43674Faulting module name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.180.0.0, time stamp: 0x65d43674Exception code: 0x80000003Fault offset: 0x000000000136f713Faulting process id: 0x0xD088Faulting application start...
  7. games on steam keep crashing

games on steam keep crashing: Faulting application name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.180.0.0, time stamp: 0x65d43674Faulting module name: hitman3.exe, version: 3.180.0.0, time stamp: 0x65d43674Exception code: 0x80000003Fault offset: 0x000000000136f713Faulting process id: 0x0xD088Faulting application start...
  8. OneDrive backup keeps crashing game save files in "My Games" with Steam and Epic games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive backup keeps crashing game save files in "My Games" with Steam and Epic games.: I keep trying to play a game from my steam folder. In this case when I start Xcom 2, OneDrive starts backing up the save file I just loaded causing the game to freeze or crash. I've tried right-clicking on "My Games" folder with File Explorer a selected "Always keep on this...
  9. OneDrive backup keeps crashing game save files in "My Games" with Steam and Epic games.

OneDrive backup keeps crashing game save files in "My Games" with Steam and Epic games.: I keep trying to play a game from my steam folder. In this case when I start Xcom 2, OneDrive starts backing up the save file I just loaded causing the game to freeze or crash. I've tried right-clicking on "My Games" folder with File Explorer a selected "Always keep on this...
  10. Games on Steam Crashing, but working on other Game launchers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on Steam Crashing, but working on other Game launchers: i have reset my PC to try to fix but my games are still crashing on my PC. i have went into event viewer and copy/Paste the crash report but don't know how to analyze it. can you tell me what is causing my PC to crash games on steam with the below information?Faulting...