Windows 10: Startup in Black Screen Boot Sector missing in System Setup from Windows Update

Discus and support Startup in Black Screen Boot Sector missing in System Setup from Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There were few times of black screen and consequently boot sector was missing from system setup. I did repairs but was asked to reinstall Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manami S, Jul 17, 2024.

1. Manami S Win User

Startup in Black Screen Boot Sector missing in System Setup from Windows Update

There were few times of black screen and consequently boot sector was missing from system setup. I did repairs but was asked to reinstall Windows. Reinstallation was done but missing boot sector was recurred again and again, even though, I used WIN11 recovery usb to boot the system and repairs it with DOS commands every time. Today it happened again, and I compared two CBS.log files with a conclusion of the following problems: 2024-07-17 09:02:27, Info CBS TI: Startup Processing completes, release startup processing lock.2024-07-17 09:02:27,

:)

Manami S, Jul 17, 2024
  2. ValorZero Win User

Missing Boot Sector

Hello, I have gotten into some complications with my Windows 10 install with missing a boot sector after performing these steps:-

1. Cloned my Windows installation with Acronis True Image tool from my hard drive to my m.2 SSD

2. Deleted partitions and formatted the hard drive, to be used as storage

3. Result: Missing boot manager error

Is there a way to transplant a working boot sector in my m.2 SSD from either the hard drive or from a bootable USB stick without performing another format and OS install on the drive?

Help would be much appreciated, thank you so much.

ValorZero, Jul 17, 2024
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jul 17, 2024
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Startup in Black Screen Boot Sector missing in System Setup from Windows Update - Similar Threads - Startup Black Screen

2. Startup in Black Screen Boot Sector missing in System Setup from Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup in Black Screen Boot Sector missing in System Setup from Windows Update: There were few times of black screen and consequently boot sector was missing from system setup. I did repairs but was asked to reinstall Windows. Reinstallation was done but missing boot sector was recurred again and again, even though, I used WIN11 recovery usb to boot the...
  3. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  4. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  5. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  7. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  8. Missing Boot Sector

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Boot Sector: Hello, I have gotten into some complications with my Windows 10 install with missing a boot sector after performing these steps:- 1. Cloned my Windows installation with Acronis True Image tool from my hard drive to my m.2 SSD 2. Deleted partitions and formatted the hard...
  9. Startup boot to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  10. Boot loop and black startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and black startup screen: Hello I am trying to reinstall win. 10 on my lenovo thinkpad e540. I first tried with creation tool on a 8 gb usb pin that didn't work. Everytime I reached 60% an error message popped up saying it couldn't recognize something. I then made a recovery key on my usb pin...