Windows 10: Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

Discus and support Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kamil Anonim, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at boot.I'd expect these apps to start launching maybe up to 5 seconds after seeing the desktop, but for some reason, most of the time the startup of these programs is delayed by up to 1-3 minutes. Looking at Task Manager indicates very little resource usage, so insufficient processing power is not the cause this desktop computer is running on latest Core i7 and a very fast NVMe drive. Additionally, the same apps I have added in shell:startup I can a

:)

Kamil Anonim, Feb 15, 2024
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 15, 2024
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Feb 15, 2024
  4. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

Slow App Launch with Delays

Hello! My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds (even more some apps), sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also happens with Windows 11 Can you help me somehow with those problems? I am frustrated… Things I’ve tried:
    • Clean boot
    • No services boot
    • No startup items boot
    • Safe mode with networking
    • SFC /scannow + all the tools for repairs
    • Windows Repair (software from Majorgeeks)
    • Adwcleaner + Malwarebytes (0 viruses/malware/adware)
    • Banging my head against the wall
    I am attaching: video of the problem (you can see the delay before PS logo), Speccy of my PC, SSD benchmark screenshot. (no viruses – all files are in the WETRANSFER zip). Do not worry of the SSD speeds - that was fixed after I changed the NVME controller in Device manager. Files (screenshots + video): WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free I really do not know what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! - - - Updated - - - Okay... big update! - Installed Win10 on my Third SSD - apps launched instantly but after few restarts they started delaying again. Tested Chrome, Edge, Libre Office and Photoshop 2024 (still small delay on PS 2024) I am thinking - what can it be? Some Microsoft services? I've tried without the others and no luck. BIOS problem? Its set to AHCI and there are no other options for the controllers. Can it be CPU issue? I'm with Ryzen 3 if that matters... NO IDEA anymore Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11? :)

uglyfatandalive, Feb 15, 2024
Thema:

Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

1. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Startup apps artificially

2. problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup: Hiya.. for some time now i have some problems with clock on windows 11. Every time i turn on my pc, the time delays for a few more seconds. Like when i do synchronize it, it's alright but then after day it start delaying 5 seconds, next day it starts to delay for around 12...
  3. problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with time on windows 11. Time delaying with every startup: Hiya.. for some time now i have some problems with clock on windows 11. Every time i turn on my pc, the time delays for a few more seconds. Like when i do synchronize it, it's alright but then after day it start delaying 5 seconds, next day it starts to delay for around 12...
  4. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?: I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at boot.I'd expect these apps to start launching maybe up to 5 seconds after seeing the desktop, but for some reason, most of the time...
  5. App Startup Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Startup Delay: Hey All, I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked the task manager and event logs but I can't seem to find anything related to this issue. The app doesn't even appear in the...
  6. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  7. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  8. Programs startup delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs startup delay: So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to start...why is it doing this because it is bothering me a lot and I need it to stop doing it because of how much it is bothering...
  9. Startup delay hide app

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup delay hide app: Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knew how to delay an app start on windows 10 but do it in such a way that when it starts it doesn't open the window instead it sits in the windows tray. For example if you have steam as an autostart with windows then the main window does not...
  10. Windows 1 minute startup delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1 minute startup delay: Hi there, I initially posted this on the EightForums as this is on a Win8 machine, but got no response because there is little activity there. That should not be an issue though as this is probably not a specific Win8 problem. I'm hoping someone here is willing to guide me...