Windows 10: Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it

Discus and support Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To be brief, I was using my computer 30 minutes before now and everything was fine. After I get to the workplace, the start menu doesn't function as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lean Xie, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Lean Xie Win User

Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it

To be brief, I was using my computer 30 minutes before now and everything was fine. After I get to the workplace, the start menu doesn't function as usual showing me the panel, but instead it restarts the file explorer every time I click start button on screen or push the win key.I'm using win10 and I'm wondering why. Now I've tried to perform a system file checker scan with sfc /scannow and it really told me something was detected corrupted and fixed itself. And then I tried online DISM fix by running these commands through Powershell adminStart Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it :DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthDISM /onli

:)

Lean Xie, Jul 13, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Why can't I click inside Start Menu?

You may also follow these steps to resolve your concern:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • From the options, select Command Prompt (Admin) by clicking it.
    • Type in Powershell and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste this on the Powershell application
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
      and press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to finish, close all of the open windows and check your Start menu if it's working properly.
    Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jul 13, 2024
  4. Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it

Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 13, 2024
Thema:

Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it

1. Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it - Similar Threads - Start Menu suddenly

2. Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it: To be brief, I was using my computer 30 minutes before now and everything was fine. After I get to the workplace, the start menu doesn't function as usual showing me the panel, but instead it restarts the file explorer every time I click start button on screen or push the win...
  3. Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu suddenly malfunctions: Keeps restarting itself every time clicking it: To be brief, I was using my computer 30 minutes before now and everything was fine. After I get to the workplace, the start menu doesn't function as usual showing me the panel, but instead it restarts the file explorer every time I click start button on screen or push the win...
  4. Start menu opening and closing itself all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu opening and closing itself all the time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kshaunish7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lizuhn/start_menu_opening_and_closing_itself_all_the_time/
  5. XPS 9575 suddenly starts BSoD on every restart...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XPS 9575 suddenly starts BSoD on every restart...: So, not exactly sure what's going on here. My XPS 15 9575 has suddenly started giving a PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR BSoD on every restart. It starts up ok and generally seems ok running. How can I track down the culprit? I suspect it's tondo with either the Intel UHD630 and AMD...
  6. PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart: I recently installed the last windows update. Now my pc wipes itself every time I restart or shut down my computer. What could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wipes-itself-every-time-i-restart/8b2b467b-5c5c-4e79-af2a-89dff935f002
  7. Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something: My context menus keep popping up whenever I click on a link. To get rid of it I have to press the ESC button. Any ideas how to stop this from happening? I don't use a mouse--I use the number pad instead....
  8. Start Menu resets itself every restart

Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  9. Windows Bloatware Start menu apps keeps popping after every restart

Windows Bloatware Start menu apps keeps popping after every restart: Build no. 17134.320 So after fresh clean install of windows 10 I successfully could remove the candy crush saga and other apps from Start Menu - All Apps but I am unable to remove the Start Menu Tiles. I removed these like 20 million times but they keep popping again and...
  10. start menu malfunction

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu malfunction: hi to all from Mally;Ok i just upgraded to win 10 from win 7 two days ago;it was a longish process but all went well until yesterday when the bottom left start button wouldn,t open.After reading a lot of comments from various forums I have come to the conclusion that cleaning...