Windows 10: Standby Memory

Discus and support Standby Memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CameronOlson, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Standby Memory

Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the fastest RAM I can put in my particular PC I came across an article about Standby memory and it explained how when your PC uses memory for an application, operation, etc. and then is done with it the PC will put it in a category called Standby and when the computer needs more memory it is supposed to transfer me

:)

CameronOlson, Mar 10, 2022

2. question on standby memory

It is all in order
    Standby memory is ram held in reserve by Windows - for use by the system if needed. - hardware etc.
    If processes require more ram than is shown as free, then the standby memory is released by the systme as necessary

Here you can see more detail
    Releasing Standby memory

as on post 2

and from Microsoft

=============
    With regard to your split second lags, when do these occur - browsing, gaming, etc. More information is required please.

Macboatmaster, Mar 10, 2022
  3. EdKiefer Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Mar 10, 2022
  4. paulco Win User

Standby Memory

Releasing Standby memory

RamMap is working for me, when you click empty standby list you then close it, and it does its thing.

paulco, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

Standby Memory

1. Standby Memory - Similar Threads - Standby Memory

2. Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301: I noticed that launching programs for a second time after closing them takes much longer.I used Ram Map to check the actual program files and they were evicted from ram immediately after I closed them.The same happens with games, before this update they used to stay cached in...
  3. Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301: I noticed that launching programs for a second time after closing them takes much longer.I used Ram Map to check the actual program files and they were evicted from ram immediately after I closed them.The same happens with games, before this update they used to stay cached in...
  4. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  5. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  6. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage: large I started from here:How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? - Microsoft Community16 gb ram and more then 12gb is in standby. Can anyone help me to tyrn - Microsoft CommunityI disagree that standby memory is advantageous. In my notebook it causes many...
  8. Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage: large I started from here:How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? - Microsoft Community16 gb ram and more then 12gb is in standby. Can anyone help me to tyrn - Microsoft CommunityI disagree that standby memory is advantageous. In my notebook it causes many...
  9. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  10. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...