Windows 10: Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

Discus and support Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; large I started from here:How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? - Microsoft Community16 gb ram and more then 12gb is in standby. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anandika Nevada, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

large I started from here:How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? - Microsoft Community16 gb ram and more then 12gb is in standby. Can anyone help me to tyrn - Microsoft CommunityI disagree that standby memory is advantageous. In my notebook it causes many issues.After using Windows 11 for one-year, most issue is with memory. I am using HP ZBook Firefly 14 powered by Intel Core i-7, non-removeable soldered 16GB of RAM and dual VGA Intel Iris XE UMA VGA which cannot be disable, and NVDIA Quadro T500 which can be disable.What confuse me when using Windows 11, is I do not see a

:)

Anandika Nevada, Aug 2, 2023
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Aug 2, 2023
  3. question on standby memory

It is all in order
    Standby memory is ram held in reserve by Windows - for use by the system if needed. - hardware etc.
    If processes require more ram than is shown as free, then the standby memory is released by the systme as necessary

Here you can see more detail
    Releasing Standby memory

as on post 2

and from Microsoft

=============
    With regard to your split second lags, when do these occur - browsing, gaming, etc. More information is required please.

Macboatmaster, Aug 2, 2023
  4. Wagnard Win User

Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

SuperFetch & Standby Memory Not Working Properly?

Yeah, with 1809 it is better, but in my case, I still have issues playing Battlefield 1 & 4 when the standby list is full.
    That is why I made this little app.
    I'm open to feedback and suggestions if you or anyone try it.*Wink

Wagnard, Aug 2, 2023
Thema:

Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

1. Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage - Similar Threads - Standby Memory more

2. This is more of a statement rather than a question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is more of a statement rather than a question.: Windows 11 does not measure up to Windows 10! You've had several years to add items that were in Windows 10 back into Windows 11. Windows 10 allowed the task bar height to be changed and Windows 11 will not allow that. In addition, after 10 days of installing Windows 11 it is...
  3. This is more of a statement rather than a question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is more of a statement rather than a question.: Windows 11 does not measure up to Windows 10! You've had several years to add items that were in Windows 10 back into Windows 11. Windows 10 allowed the task bar height to be changed and Windows 11 will not allow that. In addition, after 10 days of installing Windows 11 it is...
  4. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  5. Game using more memory than it should

Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  6. Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage

Standby Memory more issue rather than advantage: large I started from here:How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? - Microsoft Community16 gb ram and more then 12gb is in standby. Can anyone help me to tyrn - Microsoft CommunityI disagree that standby memory is advantageous. In my notebook it causes many...
  7. Standby Memory

Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  8. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  9. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. More memory issues...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    More memory issues...: Looks like it wasn't fixed. After a few days of replacing the ram with a sixteen gig model, I was using 91 percent of it, idle. Here's my old post for some info: mesage on windows Solved - Windows 10 Forums I seriously don't understand why my computer is taking 16 gb of...