Windows 10: SSD won't boot into windows

Discus and support SSD won't boot into windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought a new ssd to replace my old hard drive, however, it won't boot. First i tried cloning windows over to the ssd, but then all it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Miich64, Jul 27, 2020.

1. SSD won't boot into windows

I recently bought a new ssd to replace my old hard drive, however, it won't boot. First i tried cloning windows over to the ssd, but then all it did was boot into safe mode and was unable to repair or diagnose anything. So i formated the ssd and tried installing windows from a usb stick, same thing. I'm so frustrated please help SSD won't boot into windows :(

submitted by /u/Miich64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Miich64, Jul 27, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 27, 2020
  3. My friend's PC won't boot into Windows 10

It was working last night (he was tinkering with his memory modules and other things), and now, this morning, it won't boot into Windows. He's tried both of his drives (HDD and SSD, it's installed on his SSD), and it still won't boot. He starts his computer,
    and his BIOS presents "No operating has been found.", or something along those lines.

He tried booting only off his HDD, and it went into recovery. He still must have the recovery partition for his HDD, which he USED to have Windows 10 on.

Any suggestions on steps we can take?

Setherz6104, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

SSD won't boot into windows

Windows won't boot after update (SSD)

Hi Noel,

This might be caused Windows system error or SSD disk internal error. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest booting your PC in safe mode and see if it will work. Refer to this
    article on how to boot in safe mode or press F8 simultaneously to enter safe mode. If you were able to boot
    in safe mode, try uninstalling the update that caused the issue. Follow the steps below on how to uninstall the update:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Under Update Status or Windows Update, click View installed update history
      link.
    • Click Uninstall updates and a new window will open.
    • Select the update you want to uninstall, right-click on it and select Uninstall.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Anne Ros, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

SSD won't boot into windows

1. SSD won't boot into windows - Similar Threads - SSD won't boot

2. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  3. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  4. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD Cloned but won't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SSD Cloned but won't boot: Greetings, I am trying to upgrade my laptop SSD into a larger size NVME. After looking up how to do that, I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD into the new one. I then replaced the old SSD with the new, but it did not boot. I checked this forum here and found a common...
  6. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: Hi, Apologies for this post, as I can see that many others have had this problem and have been given solutions, but the fix often involves writing some code in the command line and I'm not too familiar with this so don't want to try it without some help telling me what to...
  7. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: Hi, I cloned my HDD to an SSD I added to an M2 slot, but it won't boot. I have followed various guides to troubleshooting this without success. I've changed the boot order in the BIOS and checked it's in the right mode. I tried booting from a USB and using the Windows auto...
  8. Cloned SSD Won't boot

Cloned SSD Won't boot: I have recently purchased a 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD with the intention to make it my main boot drive and use my current HDD as extra storage. I connected the SSD to my PC using another SATA data and power cable. I proceeded to clone through Acronis and everything seemed to be...
  9. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: HP 17-G153US Laptop Windows 10 EaseUS Partition master 14 used to clone Here is a shot from EaseUs and my device manager. My cloned SSD wont boot when installed but will from usb connection. I have cloned hard drives without this much trouble in the past. Any help or...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot from ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot from ssd: I recently cloned windows from my HDD to my SSD on my bios it says that my HDD is the windows boot manager and not my SSD when I change the boot priorities to my SSD and i Boot my pc it says that : "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot...