Windows 10: Spotify as default music app

Discus and support Spotify as default music app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexander Bovill, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Spotify as default music app

Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc

:)

Alexander Bovill, Mar 20, 2021
  2. UrunTekin Win User

Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers

Source: Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Spotify as default music app

Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers

Source: Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Spotify as default music app

1. Spotify as default music app - Similar Threads - Spotify default music

2. How to replace Spotify with Amazon Music in the Clock App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace Spotify with Amazon Music in the Clock App?: I want to use the Amazon Music instead of Spotify in the clock App. I already have the 'Amazon Music' App installed in Windows 11. But clueless on how to replace Spotify with Amazon Music inside the clock App. Walkthrough on how to replace Spotify with Amazon Music in focus...
  3. How to replace Spotify with Amazon Music in the Clock App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace Spotify with Amazon Music in the Clock App?: I want to use the Amazon Music instead of Spotify in the clock App. I already have the 'Amazon Music' App installed in Windows 11. But clueless on how to replace Spotify with Amazon Music inside the clock App. Walkthrough on how to replace Spotify with Amazon Music in focus...
  4. Setting the default program for music player to a directory and .exe for Spotify music to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting the default program for music player to a directory and .exe for Spotify music to...: I have a key on my keyboard that opens music, all the buttons open programs and I like having that. Browser opens firefox, computer opens files, email opens emails, and the music key on my keyboard opens groove music which I do not use. I went into set default music player,...
  5. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?: I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4bbdq/is_the_spotify_app_installed_by_default_on/
  6. I want to set YouTube Music as my default music app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to set YouTube Music as my default music app: I know that it isn't a Microsoft store app therefore you can't do it via settings, but is there an alternative? Thanks in advance submitted by /u/ItzXenoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i38o9l/i_want_to_set_youtube_music_as_my_default_music/
  7. Spotify app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify app: Can't install Spotify app from Microsoft Store. Keep getting error code 0x80073D05. Any help would be grateful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-app/4fdf1158-ccf9-40fd-9c51-ffa038d9b365"
  8. Change Default Music rip app in Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Music rip app in Win10: how do I change the default music rip app in Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-music-rip-app-in-win10/92a281aa-56b1-482e-b7a6-f6b9d0dffbd8
  9. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...
  10. Spotify Music, Microsoft Currency

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify Music, Microsoft Currency: Can i use my microsoft currency as a payment for spotify premium? The reason i ask is cause i dont have a deit/credit card and paypal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-music-microsoft-currency/90f48e0a-4f5a-4f9f-9f82-a4ef14fb6914"