Windows 10: Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

Discus and support Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Once again I am having audio problems that Microsoft seems after years to be unable to fix. Every time I try to change the sound settings for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BuddyBoiE, Feb 10, 2024.

1. BuddyBoiE Win User

Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

Once again I am having audio problems that Microsoft seems after years to be unable to fix. Every time I try to change the sound settings for my headphones in Control panel under the sound devices menu, the menu that appears when I click on my device crashes and soft locks requiring me to use task manager to close it. I have been trying to change my sound settings so windows stops going into hands free mode which kills the sound quality on the headset.

:)

BuddyBoiE, Feb 10, 2024

2. Windows crashing after clicking PERFORMANCE tab under Task Manager

It doesn't work to me when choosing NVIDIA Graphic in the last step, so, I have to select integrated graphic in the last step and It works to me !!

Johnny_Wang, Feb 10, 2024
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 10, 2024
  4. Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

Windows crashing after clicking PERFORMANCE tab under Task Manager

For me it was exactly the opposite. I had to select Integrated Graphics or it would crash when clicking performance tab. And yes, I am on the latest available driver for the NVIDIA Quadro 1000M.

DanielStripedTiger, Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

1. Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings - Similar Threads - Sound tab Task

2. Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings: Once again I am having audio problems that Microsoft seems after years to be unable to fix. Every time I try to change the sound settings for my headphones in Control panel under the sound devices menu, the menu that appears when I click on my device crashes and soft locks...
  3. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  4. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  5. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  6. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  7. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  8. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab: Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab in Windows 10. Happens every time.Here is the crash report. How do I locate the fix for this?SourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎3/‎26/‎2022 10:11StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  9. Task Manager crashes with C0000005 when I click Performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...