Windows 10: Sound Setting to activate Internal Speakers while extern speakers plugged in

Discus and support Sound Setting to activate Internal Speakers while extern speakers plugged in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft-Community,I need your help with my device. In Windows 11 it is normal that the internal speakers from my device switch off as soon I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert171, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Robert171 Win User

Sound Setting to activate Internal Speakers while extern speakers plugged in

Hello Microsoft-Community,I need your help with my device. In Windows 11 it is normal that the internal speakers from my device switch off as soon I plug in extern speakers to the audio connector. This happens automatic. If I unplug the extern speakers the internal speakers switch on again. I can not change this and I never needed to.Now I had an accident with my device and the speaker-cable. The cable is plugged in the audio connector and I can't remove it. The cable is broken and the extern speakers won't work, the cable can not be removed from the audio connector. Windows 11 switched off th

:)

Robert171, Jun 3, 2024
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Jun 3, 2024
  3. tmasierra Win User
    How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took about two hours of my time. Now I have sound coming out of both my external speakers and my internal speakers, when previously just plugging in my external speakers would mute my internal, or built-in, speakers. Is there any way I can mute my internal speakers without muting my external speakers without spending the rest of the day in troubleshooting, involving detailed examination of my motherboard and countless other steps?
    Thanks for listening!
    tma

tmasierra, Jun 3, 2024
  4. JoeKocek Win User

External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Jun 3, 2024
Thema:

1. Sound Setting to activate Internal Speakers while extern speakers plugged in - Similar Threads - Sound Setting activate

2. Sound Setting to activate Internal Speakers while extern speakers plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Setting to activate Internal Speakers while extern speakers plugged in: Hello Microsoft-Community,I need your help with my device. In Windows 11 it is normal that the internal speakers from my device switch off as soon I plug in extern speakers to the audio connector. This happens automatic. If I unplug the extern speakers the internal speakers...
  3. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  4. No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in

No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in: My headset is plugged in to my front ports of my desktop computer. When i plug in the speakers in the back it registers that its plugged in but no matter what settings i have there is no sound. i have tried restarting, updating, activating and reactivating nothing works. BUT...
  5. no sound external speakers

no sound external speakers: Hiall Gary here, No sound on speakers they work, have checked everywhere volume not muted, troubleshoot says unplugged its not, have uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing any suggestions. Was working week ago stopped for about 5 hours then was working couple days later...
  6. Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers: I posted a similar question with all the details under "Devices and Drivers" on May 29th but have not received a single response. I'm hoping this issue is within the ken of somebody here. If so, should I move the entire question here, or can you respond there at...
  7. internal speaker/sound system

internal speaker/sound system: my realtek sound is grey out and I can not use the system speaker, only an attached device, how can I make the internal sound/speaker operational again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakersound-system/7098f10f-1d68-4301-900a-e3da88fb88b7
  8. no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone: my laptop suddenly does not have sound on speaker, only while i plugged in my headphone. I have tried every thing that discussed on the internet such as reinstall, disable the driver....
  9. Sound in external speakers

Sound in external speakers: My external speakers will suddenly not work. Last time that happened they said in the store that the speakers was set up to the NVIDA gforce graphics Card. But I dit not make any changes. To day it happened again. There is suddenly no sound coming out of the speakers......
  10. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....