Windows 10: Sound device settings!?

Discus and support Sound device settings!? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I make it so when pressing right click down at the right corner on the sound icon, I can get THIS instead of THIS I formated my computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/totte1015, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Sound device settings!?

How can I make it so when pressing right click down at the right corner on the sound icon, I can get THIS instead of THIS

I formated my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 and after that it went to this retarded version which I need to press multiple times to get to the actual device manager

I often switch between my TV, headphones and speakers sound, so hence I want to quickly disable/enable devices

submitted by /u/totte1015
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/totte1015, Mar 8, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound device settings!? :p

cadaveca, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Default Playback devices are not retaining their settings.

We appreciate the information that you've provided. The next step that we recommend you to do is to disable all the sound drivers on your
    Device Manager since the sound driver has 2 components. We have to identify which sound driver works best on your device by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manger on the Search box.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for the Audio inputs and outputs and
      Sound, video and game controllers drivers.

• Sound device settings!? 33e66a89-f361-49a8-9a7e-cd5c26ea169f.png
    • Right click each drivers found on the suggested lists and select Disable.
    • Once you've disabled all the sound drivers, repeat steps 1 to
      3 but this time enable one driver at a time and check which driver will retain the desired
      Playback device settings.

You can leave the other sound drivers disabled, once you've identified which driver works on your device.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Sound device settings!?

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Sound device settings!?

1. Sound device settings!? - Similar Threads - Sound device settings

2. Capture card showing in "device manager" but not in "sound settings".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capture card showing in "device manager" but not in "sound settings".: Hi there! I am using the Elgato 4K60S+ external capture card. When looking at the device manager list, it shows there as an audio source. But when I try to find it in the sound settings it is not there.Not sure what I am missing? Thank you for any help!...
  3. Capture card showing in "device manager" but not in "sound settings".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Capture card showing in "device manager" but not in "sound settings".: Hi there! I am using the Elgato 4K60S+ external capture card. When looking at the device manager list, it shows there as an audio source. But when I try to find it in the sound settings it is not there.Not sure what I am missing? Thank you for any help!...
  4. Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings

Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings: I have bluetooth headphones that are paired, but stuck in hands free mode. I tried going in the sound settings and pressing connect on them but it doesnt do anything...
  5. Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings: I have bluetooth headphones that are paired, but stuck in hands free mode. I tried going in the sound settings and pressing connect on them but it doesnt do anything...
  6. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  7. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  8. No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!: My mic is no longer working and when I looked at the settings, there are no devices shown. Can anyone help walk me through re-installing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-outputinput-devices-are-showing-in-my-sound/bb7cb2f0-a384-43a1-99f8-86241472b969
  9. Sound settings - default communication device question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings - default communication device question: I have multiple audio devices connected to my computer - integrated sound card, HDMI monitors, a USB music recording interface, and USB gaming headset. I have monitoring speakers connected to the music interface Steinberg CI2 and use that as my default audio device, while I...
  10. Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset is set as default sound device, and it displays sound, but no sound comes out: My family recently got a new Acer Nitro 50, and when I try and use my bluetooth headset, no sound comes out of the headset. Usually this problem can be fixed by setting the headset as the default sound device, but this time it didn't do anything. My headset works just fine on...