Windows 10: Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when...

Discus and support Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have found that at least 2 of the users within my organization cannot use the Sophos Connect VPN client software when signed into a Windows user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evan Gress TMC, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when...

I have found that at least 2 of the users within my organization cannot use the Sophos Connect VPN client software when signed into a Windows user account that was created/provisioned with a Microsoft Account i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, or *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The Sophos Connect VPN client shows a red exclamation mark on its icon and after opening the graphic user interface, it communicates "service unavailable". This prevents one from importing a connection configuration file and proceeding to establish a VPN connection. This issue does not occur on local or domain-joined Windows user acc

:)

Evan Gress TMC, Jun 3, 2024
  2. Ian Boyd Win User

Sophos OpenVPN client cannot connect

A Windows 10 client PC cannot connect to Sophos VPN server.

• Other identical Windows 10 machines on the same network can connect.
    • The machine used to be able to connect

The entirety of the Sophos log is:

Steps taken

• Uninstall Sophos client software
    • Network reset (Settings -> Network reset)
    • Reset Windows Firewall to default (Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -> Restore Default Policy)
    • Turn off firewall of domain-joined PC (Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -> Windows Defender Firewall Properties -> Firewall State -> Off
    • Reboot
    • Reinstall Sophos Client

Hint

Reinstalling the Sophos VPN Client does not:

• prompt the user to allow installation of the unsigned driver
    • prompt the user for credentials

So, obviously, the Sophos VPN Uninstall feature does not uninstall Sophos VPN.

Ian Boyd, Jun 3, 2024
  3. eeps24 Win User
    Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free vpn client?

I know windows 10 has a built in vpn client, but would I notice any improvments (speed, stability, etc) using like cisco anywhere connect or any other free vpn clients?

eeps24, Jun 3, 2024
  4. Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when...

Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

Hello everyone,

I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured (during the installation, or afterwards by modifying a registry key or implementing a group policy).

• Azure VPN Client to be configured with the setting "Compact mode" enabled. By default this setting is not enabled and needs to be enabled by the user.
    • Azure VPN Client prompts "there is a new update available". I would like the "check for updates" feature to be disabled in order to prevent getting users bothered by this notification as they are unable to install software anyways.
    Thanks in advance for all your help!

Kevin Maatman, Jun 3, 2024
Thema:

Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when...

1. Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when... - Similar Threads - Sophos Connect VPN

2. Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sophos Connect VPN client software cannot import a connection configuration profile when...: I have found that at least 2 of the users within my organization cannot use the Sophos Connect VPN client software when signed into a Windows user account that was created/provisioned with a Microsoft Account i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, or *** Email...
  3. Azure VPN client connections drop frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VPN client connections drop frequently: Dear All, Hope you're well and wondering if you could advise or guide me to the right direction for below :At our organization, we have moved our VPN connection method from Pulse Secure VPN to Azure VPN client connection, Found that Azure VPN client connection drops...
  4. Azure VPN client connections drop frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VPN client connections drop frequently: Dear All, Hope you're well and wondering if you could advise or guide me to the right direction for below :At our organization, we have moved our VPN connection method from Pulse Secure VPN to Azure VPN client connection, Found that Azure VPN client connection drops...
  5. Cannot send Email when connected to VPN

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot send Email when connected to VPN: [IMG]If you have a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection configured or set up on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and you notice that you cannot send email when connected to the VPN, then this post is intended to help you with quick solutions to resolve this issue....
  6. VPN can not be connected after be configured

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN can not be connected after be configured: Hi all:I am trying to configure an build in windows VPN . I followed instruction step by step. it is more or less like the following operation.https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/connect-to-a-vpn-in-windows-10-3d29aeb1-f497-f6b7-7633-115722c1009ci configured 3 laptop....
  7. No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected: This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done. Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection...
  8. Cannot connect to VPN

Cannot connect to VPN: Hi, Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use or is not configured properly”. I have seen many, usually old, posts, but they all have to do with dial-up modems. I am...
  9. trouble connecting to a vpn client

trouble connecting to a vpn client: hi i have pc1 connected to server1 via vpn using remote access. After connecting to the network, pc1 is able to remote desktop to pc 2. I am trying to use pc2 to remote desktop pc1 after pc1 establish the vpn connection but pc2 is not able to ping pc1 at all. Why does...
  10. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically: I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually. How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure it could be done in Windows 7)? Thanks Dave 83980