Windows 10: Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive

Discus and support Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, i don't know what, but something is taking up over 100 gigabytes in my C drive, and i dont know what it is. I have a 512 GB SSD drive, with most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by icanbarelyusemykeyboard, Oct 16, 2024 at 2:42 PM.

1. Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive

So, i don't know what, but something is taking up over 100 gigabytes in my C drive, and i dont know what it is. I have a 512 GB SSD drive, with most of it being on the C drive, however it feels like i only have 150 because of this issue. Here's a screenshot.

:)

icanbarelyusemykeyboard, Oct 16, 2024 at 2:42 PM

2. Windows 10, Download, Disk Space Inadequate, Drive C is SSD, Drive D Has Ample Space, How Direct Downloader to Drive D

When I am redirected to Drives to clean up files, the Downloader lists both drives for cleanup. Although both drives have been cleaned, the downloader still reports inadequate disk space. Drive C only has about 10 Gigs free but Drive D has more than 100.

DwaineSchaffner, Oct 16, 2024 at 3:43 PM
  3. Sudden loss of 165 gig of hard drive space

For no apparent reason I went from more than 165 gig open on my C drive to only 200 mb. The User folder in Windows 10 now shows it takes up more than 165 gig but its contents do not. Help, what should I do?

GilTanenbaum, Oct 16, 2024 at 3:43 PM
  4. Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive

How do I extend my C drive?

I have two partitions in my laptop - C (100 gigs) & D (400 gigs).
    Can I use Win 10 disk management to 'shrink volume' in D say 200 gigs and then use extend volume in C to add the available space to C drive? Do I need to backup my existing data in D and C before performing the shrink/extend volume operation?

Thema:

Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive

1. Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive - Similar Threads - Something taking 100

2. Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up over 100 out of over 200 gigs in my downloaded apps on my C drive: So, i don't know what, but something is taking up over 100 gigabytes in my C drive, and i dont know what it is. I have a 512 GB SSD drive, with most of it being on the C drive, however it feels like i only have 150 because of this issue. Here's a screenshot....
  3. One drive taking over my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive taking over my PC: Hi Please I would love some help.My Dell Laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. Prior to the crash I had the majority of my documents saved on the local hard drive.Now after the reset , One drive has “taken” over my laptop.I have items all over my desktop, my quick...
  4. One drive taking over my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive taking over my PC: Hi Please I would love some help.My Dell Laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. Prior to the crash I had the majority of my documents saved on the local hard drive.Now after the reset , One drive has “taken” over my laptop.I have items all over my desktop, my quick...
  5. Something taking over internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something taking over internet connection: I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online classes and my Zoom connections about every 5 or 6 minutes. When this happens it causes my class connection to stop for about...
  6. Something taking over internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Something taking over internet connection: I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online classes and my Zoom connections about every 5 or 6 minutes. When this happens it causes my class connection to stop for about...
  7. Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB: I believe the problem has something to do with a game that was installed through the xbox app in windows 10, Halo Master Chief Collection. I tried moving the app to an external hard drive to recover storage space but after transferring and uninstalling the app my storage is...
  8. A app is taking over my Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A app is taking over my Security Settings: https://gyazo.com/41a9979c81798d4a3e41f391cc387ca1 A app is using my Security setting help me pls --- Moved from nl-nl --- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/a-app-is-taking-over-my-security-settings/ee70e8b9-1d31-4534-b1fa-cb4481accd85
  9. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  10. Scanning And Repairing C Drive Over and Over

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning And Repairing C Drive Over and Over: My ASUS laptop running Windows 10 crashed and I had to turn it off by holding the power button. When I turned the laptop back on it had a message that it was scanning and repairing the C drive. After a few hours the instead of then starting up normally, a blue screen appears...