Windows 10: Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser

Discus and support Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There are still a lot of unanswered questions about Windows 10, with just over a month to go before the operating system starts rolling out to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser

Read more: Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jun 8, 2015

2. windows 10 install - why was Edge browser not installed?

Did some web search, this is by design:

Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge ... - ZDNet

also found this:

SOLVED: What is Missing from the Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) Version of Windows 10 - Up & Running Technologies, Tech How To's

You could try using Internet Explorer:

How to locate and open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

If you do need Edge, you could download and install the non LTSB version.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2015
  3. windows 10 install - why was Edge browser not installed?

I have installed windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on a new PC. But the Edge browser is not installed. ( in Search Windows I type "edge" or "Microsoft Edge" and get no hits. )

Isn't Edge part of Windows? Why would it not be installed?

thanks,

Steve Richter, Jun 8, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Anyone running that branch isn't going to be letting users surf the web anyways... it's for things like ATM's and Kiosks.

Mystere, Jun 8, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Gartner ??? are they STILL in business.

Most of their predictions in the last few years have had about the same accuracy as you would have got by random guessing. I'd rather trust a "dodgy" Horse racing tipster than any predictions coming from Gartner.

However as Mystere says that version of Windows isn't the "Normal" Enterprise version that users will get. Kiosks etc are fine for this stuff -- which have pre-loaded applications on them anyway - a typical application would be say a truck driver checking in to a warehouse for example to report arrival / departure times, purpose of visit etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Some Windows 10 Enterprise users won't get Microsoft's Edge browser - Similar Threads - Enterprise users won't

2. Microsoft Edge bug prevents users from closing the browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge bug prevents users from closing the browser on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge was recently updated with “Startup boost“, a new feature that allows the browser to launch even faster after a system reboot on Windows 10. For those uninitiated, the startup boost feature maximizes Microsoft Edge’s performance on Windows 10 by launching...
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  5. Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?: [ATTACH]Now that the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine is rolling out, you may find some of the extensions missing after the upgrade […] This post Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser? is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Browsers Works for Some Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers Works for Some Users: The browsers connect to internet according to the Windows Account. I have three non-administrative accounts on my Windows 10 Pro (version 1903, OS build 18362.535) computer that I will refer to as Pu, Org, and Ma. Currently Firefox cannot connect to the internet in any of...
  7. Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements: Microsoft has released new updates for Edge Dev and Edge Canary on Windows 10 with a long list of improvements. Canary version of Edge has been updated with substantial improvements for dark mode, while Dev edition is getting UI refinements and a new option on Settings to...
  8. Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost: Microsoft is pulling out all the stops to boost the appeal of Windows 10 to a global user audience. Most recently, these efforts have included tighter security measures for new minimalist browser, Microsoft Edge. Edge, formerly codenamed Project Spartan, is one of the many...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push: Edge is Microsoft's new browser for Windows 10 that's supposed to be a stronger rival for the likes of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, but it seems that at least for now, its adoption is well below expectations....
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...