Windows 10: Some programs don't open unless run as admin

Discus and support Some programs don't open unless run as admin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Syed Eisa Atif, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the next few hours plz. For example apps like word and office apps some common apps like browser and all apps that are third party apps/not downloaded from the Microsoft store.

:)

Syed Eisa Atif, Dec 14, 2022
  2. djmcnz Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Dec 14, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. JayNW Win User

Some programs don't open unless run as admin

UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs aren't working and I find out that its because they needs admin rights. This morning I logged into my user account and tried to open Quicken for the first time. I get the error message and it appears the program isn't working. I logged in as admin and it works fine. This seems overboard to me. That I cant run quicken unless I'm the admin. There should be a set of trusted programs. Any suggestions? Other than running as admin all the time.

Thanks.

JayNW, Dec 14, 2022
Thema:

Some programs don't open unless run as admin

1. Some programs don't open unless run as admin - Similar Threads - programs don't open

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  5. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]: hello Microsoft from yesterday I couldn't open any program without running them as an administrator I'm using "Gmail' as my account on this computer please help me I don't want to reinstall my windows 10...
  6. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator: I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted. I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user account - nothing. Please help, thanks. :-) submitted by /u/taromt [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights: Hi, Recent days, my pc cannot run some programs: - SQL Server Management Studio [ATTACH] - Visual Studio cannot Publish websites with FTP publishing mode - Logitech Gaming Software - lgcore.exe cannot run at start up. To fix it, I have to set combability mode of exe...
  8. Programs keep freezing when I type unless I run it as Admin.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs keep freezing when I type unless I run it as Admin.: Hello! So I recently upgrade my PC to windows 10 from windows 7. Everything went smoothly until we started to use it. Every program freezes unless I open it as Administrator which I shouldn't because I am the Administrator. So I figured that is because of the permissions...
  9. won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!: hi there.. so I recently turned on my computer and for no apparent reason it now will not open command prompt running as admin.. it while allow me to run command prompt but not give me administer privileges! some apps I can't even open at all including Spotify and xbox game...
  10. Programs not running unless run as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not running unless run as admin: So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my...