Windows 10: some keys of my computer are not working

Discus and support some keys of my computer are not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; eser wewddsfrferw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-of-my-computer-are-not-working/71f9e015-a923-4ac8-ab8d-75511a6bacfa Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aniket Sonawane1, Jul 25, 2024.

1. some keys of my computer are not working

eser wewddsfrferw

:)

Aniket Sonawane1, Jul 25, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2024
  3. Function Key Not Working

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the F key on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Form when are you facing this issue and have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you performed?

If you are using external keyboard, I suggest you to connect the keyboard to different port and to different computer and check if it is working fine.

This will help us to know if the issue is with port/ computer the keyboard is connected to or the keyboard it self.

If you are using laptop keyboard, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter it
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Update driver software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Try the above and het back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2024
  4. some keys of my computer are not working

Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

some keys of my computer are not working

1. some keys of my computer are not working - Similar Threads - keys computer are

2. some keys of my computer are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keys of my computer are not working: eser wewddsfrferw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-of-my-computer-are-not-working/71f9e015-a923-4ac8-ab8d-75511a6bacfa
  3. Some of my computer keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some of my computer keys aren't working: To whom it may concern, My spacebar key, c, v, and a few other keys aren't working. Currently, I'm using my on-screen keyboard to type. Please help! I have windows 10.Thank you,Jason...
  4. Some of my computer keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my computer keys aren't working: To whom it may concern, My spacebar key, c, v, and a few other keys aren't working. Currently, I'm using my on-screen keyboard to type. Please help! I have windows 10.Thank you,Jason...
  5. Some of my computer keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Some keys are not working on my keyboard!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some keys are not working on my keyboard!: The Fn, Esc ,F1, F3 , F5 to F10 is not working! When i tried to press these buttons, the keyboard does not light up. I tried holding Fn+Esc but they do not work in the first place, also tried switching off and on filter keys, deleting some updates that might have caused it to...
  7. Some of my computer keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my computer keys are not working: My Fn, Esc, F3 , F5, F6 , F7 , F8 , F9 , F10 , F 11 , F12 Buttons are not working, i have tried turning off and on Filter keys, Troubleshoot my keyboard , and deleting the previous updates that may have caused this issue. I am using GemiBook Pro windows 10...
  8. Some of my computer keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my computer keys are not working: My Fn, Esc, F3 , F5, F6 , F7 , F8 , F9 , F10 , F 11 , F12 Buttons are not working, i have tried turning off and on Filter keys, Troubleshoot my keyboard , and deleting the previous updates that may have caused this issue. I am using GemiBook Pro windows 10...
  9. Some of my computer keys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Some keys on my laptop are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my laptop are not working: I just got a new laptop and the keys k, I, the space bar, the backspace key, and the comma key are not working. And whenever I type L this happens;l. I was able to type this up since the screen is touch screen, but I would strongly prefer to use the keyboard....