Windows 10: Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop

Discus and support Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my laptop cuts me off in the middle of my work, starts restarting and having a message its restarting because of an update… now its blue screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cowboymike1977, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop

So my laptop cuts me off in the middle of my work, starts restarting and having a message its restarting because of an update… now its blue screen and displays a frowny face with a message to tell someone “inaccessible bootdevice” and website www.windows.com/stopcodeNow i go to that site and it gives instructions that do not even exist. Every option under trouble shoot, doesn't work, firmware, doesn't work, reset to before update, doesn't let me… So now what? This is now the third time in the 8 months I've owned this laptop that im having windows issues that screw me out of my time, my work, m

:)

Cowboymike1977, Jan 31, 2022

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 31, 2022
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 31, 2022
  4. ram93 Win User

Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop

1. Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop - Similar Threads - automatic update happened

2. What happened when my Windows 11 updated last night?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened when my Windows 11 updated last night?: My version of Windows 11 updated last night and the new AI search assistant is now on the computer. All of my personal files have been removed. I did not authorize this. The desktop reverted back to its original state. All of my program icons on the taskbar are now gone. My...
  3. What happened when my Windows 11 updated last night?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened when my Windows 11 updated last night?: My version of Windows 11 updated last night and the new AI search assistant is now on the computer. All of my personal files have been removed. I did not authorize this. The desktop reverted back to its original state. All of my program icons on the taskbar are now gone. My...
  4. Automatic driver installation and updates have killed my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic driver installation and updates have killed my laptop.: My laptop was working fine for two year and suddenly some updates popped up and after installing those several issues have started happening :1. My laptop doesn't power off/ sleep/ shut down/ restart as it was earlier. Now it takes around 3-4 minutes doing any of these.2. I...
  5. Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop: So my laptop cuts me off in the middle of my work, starts restarting and having a message its restarting because of an update… now its blue screen and displays a frowny face with a message to tell someone “inaccessible bootdevice” and website www.windows.com/stopcodeNow i go...
  6. Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some automatic update happened last night, killed my laptop: So my laptop cuts me off in the middle of my work, starts restarting and having a message its restarting because of an update… now its blue screen and displays a frowny face with a message to tell someone “inaccessible bootdevice” and website www.windows.com/stopcodeNow i go...
  7. Last Windows 10 update Killed my Sony I7 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Windows 10 update Killed my Sony I7 laptop: the Last Windows 10 Update has Killed my Sony i7 Laptop, Microsoft have been unsympathetic and offered me no support whatsover!, im going to try a recovery disk as i have a lot of buisness and family stuff on it. i will be gutted if i cant get all the data back!. any hep...
  8. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update last night screwed up my laptop: Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options seem to be reset and keep files or reset to factory settings. WTH?? I cannot get to anything but this blue screen. I just...
  9. Last update killed Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last update killed Chrome: Updated OS last night - this morning no Chrome. Tried reinstall with no success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-update-killed-chrome/da29dbec-092e-4af5-bad4-606bd024e296
  10. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051